The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-28-2022, 11:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral View Post
I created a gallery of photos here:

Fretboard Summit 2022

The detail shots are of random things I found interesting. The photos are still uploading, so give it an hour or so (or click back later and you’ll see more photos). Unfortunately, when I upload the photos, they get slightly out of order—there are too many of them for me to organize them now.

The Summit was incredibly well run, and seeing the Milk Carton Kids and Molly Tuttle in such an intimate venue was a special treat. A huge thanks and hearty congratulations to jasonv—you put on a stellar show!

P.S. There was only one left-handed guitar at the show—the gorgeous OM made by Fred Tellier—it ended up coming home with me! Perhaps it was a good thing that there weren’t more or I would’ve been in trouble…
Thank you for attending and for the great pics. I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I think this crazy idea may just become an annual event! If that happens, I'll push for a few more leftie guitars!
Old 08-29-2022, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonv View Post
Thank you for attending and for the great pics. I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I think this crazy idea may just become an annual event! If that happens, I'll push for a few more leftie guitars!
Hmmm… Starting a ‘coffee table’ guitar magazine from scratch, populating its website with countless interesting videos and podcasts, running a ‘summit’ aimed at luthiery and luthiers, and probably influencing way too many of us to justify our custom and rare guitars purchases as essential to our craft…

You have to be crazy Jason. And here’s a toast to you and your craziness! We are all spiritually richer for it (and financially poorer).

Rick
Old 08-29-2022, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral View Post
I created a gallery of photos here:

Fretboard Summit 2022
Thanks for doing this, sinistral!!

(Now I feel less "left" out, haha!)
1974 Alvarez/Yairi CY120
2010 Baranik Parlor
2013 Circa OM-18
2014 Claxton OM Traditional
2014 Blackbird Rider
Old 08-29-2022, 07:42 AM

What a fabulous event! Thank you, Jason and all who worked so hard to make the Summit happen.

I've been describing Fretboard Summits to folks as part music festival, part guitar show, and all family reunion.

These summits really are unique. Where else are you going to find Julian Lage spending a whole day wandering from luthier table to luthier table playing guitars and chatting with folks?

Another highlight for me was playing the astonishingly wonderful guitar my friend Linda Manzer made to honor and raise funds for the people of Ukraine.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

I'm including a video of a non-copyrighted song from Molly Tuttle and Courtney Hartman's show on Saturday evening at the Summit. Hopefully it's OK to do that.

Old 08-30-2022, 07:26 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
P.S. There was only one left-handed guitar at the show—the gorgeous OM made by Fred Tellier—it ended up coming home with me! Perhaps it was a good thing that there weren’t more or I would’ve been in trouble…

It was great to have my Lefty move on to a good home. The guitar was created as a Covid project as I had extra shop time available and wanted to do something different. There are not many left hand players so the guitar did not get a lot of attention though many players picked it up and wished it was a righty

Fred

http://www.fetellierguitars.com
Old 08-30-2022, 03:18 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, Fred! The guitar is stellar—even with its OM/000 body size and light strings, its sound is as deep, full and resonant as my Martin J-40 with medium strings. And the construction details are exquisite.
Old 09-18-2022, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

I recently stumbled over Jordan Tice in some of those clips from
Carters Vintage Guitars, and now I see him mentioned in this
thread... I bet seeing a show with him in it would be a lot of fun!

-Mike

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop