The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-06-2022, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
Any info on the 9 available settings and their corresponding graphs would be appreciated.

Unless Ben did something completely different, the patterns follow the usual path.

Straight up center is cardioid. As you turn to the left, the middle position between cardioid and omni will be wide-cardioid. To either side you're either slightly less wide (one click back towards cardioid) or slightly more wide (one click closer to omni).

Going to the right side, the middle position between cardioid and Fig8 is hypercardioid. To either side you're either a little less hypercardioid (one click back towards cardioid) or slightly more hypercardioid (one click closer to Fig8).

Typically, that's the pattern that's followed when you have nine choices. My Blue Kiwi has the same number of options.
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

SoundCloud link
Spotify
YouTube
Old 09-09-2022, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

I just ordered a Rycote shock mount for the BU67. The shock mount it comes with is fine but if you want to flip an internal switch, you have to unscrew the mic from the mount. With the Rycote, the mic can stay on the mount.

SoundCloud link
Spotify
YouTube
Old 09-13-2022, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

Just got a nice response from Ben at Beesneez.

" We are currently working on the next 100 bu67 mics and they will start shipping in a 2 weeks. Your’s is first out.

So sorry to be out of stock but the first 50 units sold in 7 weeks which was way faster than we anticipated."

I am so very happy for Ben! That is so great that the sales are happening. And honestly, there is no rush for myself. Don't mind waiting another two weeks.

I would assume that your post Jim1960 had a lot to do with the higher sales.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
I would assume that your post Jim1960 had a lot to do with the higher sales.
The mic itself had more to do with it than me or anyone else who was singing (well aimed pun) its praises. On top of that is the rarity of a really good and affordable 67 clone. They just weren't out there, a fact that those of use who had been in the market for one were well aware. Then Ben hit on this design which a lot of people heard and came away from with similar impressions. This mic gets us so very close... certainly closer than anything at the same price point or even for 3x or 4x more. That Ben's initial run of 50 sold out quickly doesn't surprise me at all and I'm glad his 67 has created some buzz. Both he and the mic deserve it.

SoundCloud link
Spotify
YouTube
Old 09-13-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
The mic itself had more to do with it than me or anyone else who was singing (well aimed pun) its praises. On top of that is the rarity of a really good and affordable 67 clone. They just weren't out there, a fact that those of use who had been in the market for one were well aware. Then Ben hit on this design which a lot of people heard and came away from with similar impressions. This mic gets us so very close... certainly closer than anything at the same price point or even for 3x or 4x more. That Ben's initial run of 50 sold out quickly doesn't surprise me at all and I'm glad his 67 has created some buzz. Both he and the mic deserve it.
Wow thanks so much guys for the kind words.

We aim to not be out of stock with this one ever by the end of this month. So that way, no one will need to wait or pay upfront to get one of our Bu67 mics.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Here's the BU67 on it's new Rycote mount. In this setup, I can access the switches much more easily by simply unscrewing the bit at the bottom of the mic (top in this orientation) and lowering the headbasket to see the switches. The body never has to leave the mount.

And for anyone wondering, even with the taper of this mic, the Rycote holds it in place very securely.

SoundCloud link
Spotify
YouTube
Old 09-18-2022, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
Here's the BU67 on it's new Rycote mount. In this setup, I can access the switches much more easily by simply unscrewing the bit at the bottom of the mic (top in this orientation) and lowering the headbasket to see the switches. The body never has to leave the mount.

And for anyone wondering, even with the taper of this mic, the Rycote holds it in place very securely.

I have 3 fairly large mics that I always use Rycotes on, a Violet Flamingo, Lawson L251, and a Blue Kiwi. I always find them a pain to use in their standard suspension mounts, but in many years of recording, I have never had one single problem when using the Rycotes! They are great! And big bonus, not dealing with the elastic cords stretching out or breaking!

I also have a microphone by Rode "The Classic II" and it came with a Rode branded Rycote, and it has been on a stand in my house for 8 years because it's my main demo mic!

Last edited by rockabilly69; 09-19-2022 at 12:18 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD