The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Default Broken finger to gigging again

I broke my middle finger on left hand this year and was not able to play guitar for three months. But last night I played my first gig with the healed finger and all went well. I have regained full use of that finger and am happy to report that its possible to heal. Just an encouragement to anyone who is suffering from a left hand injury.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Thank you for sharing!!! I had a no. 5 metacarpal fracture and a puncture wound through my left hand. It's been a month and I'm dying not being able to play guitar. I've tried a little bit with open tunings but not trying to push it yet.

I'm playing keys now to get my music fix. Got a killer synth -- Yamaha MODX7 which has awesome guitar sounds.

Anyway, thank you for the encouragement and hope. I'm glad you're all healed up and gigging again.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Fellow Oregonian here....
Glad to hear that you healed up and are playing again!
I just injured my left index fingertip yesterday at work... along with a small fracture. I am hoping for a quick healing time, since I play a lot for kids at church, and also just bought a flight ticket to go home for Thanksgiving... and maybe play several songs for a family get together.. ( for first time )...along with a long time friend who lives there. We shall see.
Thanks for your encouraging report!

6 string... Taylor GS7 Custom / GO 818e 1st Edition

12 string... Taylor GO 358e / Guild F512 (79)

Baritone…. Guild 258e (8 string)
Old 10-12-2019, 09:18 AM

Default yup

"Just an encouragement to anyone who is suffering from a left hand injury."

Just a minor inconvenience Good to see more positive outlooks on serious fret hand injuries.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion