The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 08:11 PM

Default Acquired rather than bought

I guess I should have said acquired instead of bought !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
It doesn't automatically follow that he bought all of those. What makes more sense is that he often gets given free ones from guitar companies who want to be able to brag: "Keith Richards is playing one of our guitars!"

I remember a new item from a few years ago where a guy handed Keef a guitar as he was stepping into a limo, wanting him to sign an autograph on the guitar for him. Instead, Keef thought the guitar was being given to him, and the limo drove away with Keef holding the guitar and the owner at the curbside saying:

"Hey, Keith Richards just stole my guitar!"

The guitar's owner filed a complaint with the police, the news item got published internationally and it ended with Keef returning the guitar and mumbling something like:

"Oh, sorry, man, I thought you were giving it to me..."

So if an incident like that could happen, that indicates to me that lots of folks actually DO give guitars to Keith Richards. I'm sure that he pays for some of the instruments he acquires, but I'm equally sure that he doesn't have to pay for all of them.

Wade Hampton Miller
Old 10-10-2019, 08:50 PM

Default I'm going to have to stop buying guitars!!

Yeah, right...
Old 10-10-2019, 09:09 PM

I hope your wife doesn't read the AGF threads.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion