The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-23-2012, 04:51 AM

Default Jeffrey Elliott... Steel String!

Jeffrey Elliott builds wonderful classical guitars but he also has a steel string model which is very elegant with some innovative features wish as the pinless bride.... what do you think?

(for more info and photos, click here)

Old 09-23-2012, 06:07 AM

Great looking guitar. Is that quilted maple or sapele? (FYI: I tried the link but after 10 seconds it hadn't loaded so I closed the window.)
Old 09-23-2012, 06:49 AM

Hi Dru,

It's Tree figured Mahogany... the link works for me, I think the photo is quite large, so needs a little time.

Warmest regards,
Terence
Old 09-23-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarbench View Post
Hi Dru,

It's Tree figured Mahogany... the link works for me, I think the photo is quite large, so needs a little time.

Warmest regards,
Terence
It came up immediately for me now. Regarding the magazine, I like the tonewood database, but I digress. Again, beautiful guitar.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:09 PM

Hello, Terence! Nice picture. I think Jeff makes some of the finest guitars on the planet. Of course, he's much known for his classical guitars. But, he brings those same sensibilities to his steel-stringed guitars. And, he's just plain one nice guy! Thanks for the post.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
Hello, Terence! Nice picture. I think Jeff makes some of the finest guitars on the planet. Of course, he's much known for his classical guitars. But, he brings those same sensibilities to his steel-stringed guitars. And, he's just plain one nice guy! Thanks for the post.
...what Bill said!
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 09-23-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post
...what Bill said!
I own a couple of Jeff's classicals, and they are top tier instruments. Before I bought my first one from Jeff, a used smaller Brazilian/European Torres style, I asked him if there were any in the San Francisco Bay Area that I could sample. He put me in touch with a guy in Berkeley who had a scaled down dreadnought steel string. Because of the dreadnought shape, it wasn't (IMO) as elegant looking as the steel string shown above, but it played and sounded like pure heaven.

I can attest to what Billy Boy and Larry said, both in terms of Jeff's stature as a luthier and his personality profile.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop