The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-18-2020, 06:53 AM

Default would you buy it?

i was offered a Marshall G30RCD with a foot switch for $50- seems like a decent deal
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 02-18-2020, 08:27 AM

As I recall these came and went with relatively little notice in the early-2K's, quickly replaced by the (still-in-production) MG Series, and with good reason; simply put, they were dogs then and they're dogs now - and if it's merely a matter of needing something to plug into, there are better options ('70s-80s Randall/Peavey, "blackface" Fender Frontman) to be had for not much more money...
Old 02-18-2020, 06:59 PM

reading all kind of reviews on it, i bought it, why? well i had the frontman 15R which i didnt like, i did like the 25R but had horrible hum and hiss issues, but i did have a marshall 15GCDR which seemed ok, but not at higher volumes and that 8" speaker was nothing great, just like all the other stock speakers, turns out this was $40 and he upgraded the speaker to a 12" celestion 70-80, seriously, just playing it seemed to have a much better clean low end sound (not muddy) like my Vox AD30VT and my Fender super champ XD, -the XD speaker is ok, if you dont push it, this also came with a foot switch and a 10" speaker, not original i think- so no complaints about the sound at $40!- he was some kind of musician guy and i told him about the XD issues, so he sold me an extension cab with the same 12" celestion speaker for an extra $10- so im gonna try this with the XD and see if it helps any- i think i got a good deal after all,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3840 copy.jpg (292.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3841.JPG (217.3 KB, 36 views)
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars