The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 09-24-2021, 06:37 AM

Default 1973-Little Feat Live!

I've been a fan of Little Feat for more than 50 years. In 1973 I got to see them (with Bonnie Raitt opening) at a small nightclub in Pittsburgh. It was the best concert I've ever experienced. For many years I've wished that there could have been a recording of that concert, but of course that was a time before cell phones and quality portable recording equipment existed.

Recently, I was surprised and thrilled to find this recording of Little Feat performing live at Ultrasonic Studios in Hempstead, NY on 4-10-1973, less than a month after the concert that I attended in Pittsburgh. The set they performed at Ultrasonic is almost the same (albeit shorter and without 2 encores) as the one I heard them perform. If you're a Little Feat fan, and especially if you're a fan of the live Waiting For Columbus album, and have craved to hear more of their fantastic live sound I highly recommend giving this a listen. If you're not familiar with Little Feat you might find that you'll enjoy hearing one of the best live performance rock bands of any era. For me it's like entering a time machine and going back to one of the most enjoyable musical experiences of my life.

Enjoy!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 09-24-2021, 07:57 AM
Charter Member

THANK YOU, Walt!

I was/am also a big fan, both pre and post Lowell. My first show wasn't until a few years after this one, can't wait to hear what they sounded like in '73.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:39 PM
Charter Member

Terrific band, and Lowell was...just...not of this world, apparently! Love Little Feat, from decades back...

Still miss the Fat Man in the Bathtub!

Will take the time to give this a listen when I can... thanks for posting!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 09-24-2021, 01:57 PM

THANK YOU!!!

I know what I'm listening to tonight. One of my absolute favorite bands...I think they are criminally underrated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 09-24-2021, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

I saw the band in the early-mid 70s at a small college in PA. The band I was in did several of their tunes. Always/still a big fan (though, TBH, Old Folks Boogie hits a little too close to home these days ). Good times...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN