The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-12-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmorgan View Post
My understanding is that watts are related to power consumption, they may or may not translate to how powerful an amp is in terms of volume.

300 watts isn't that high for an active PA speaker which is essentially what the business end of the Rosette is. It's common for active speakers these days to be rated at 1000 watts or even more.

I have found in reference to needing clean power, that the Rosette does need to be plugged into an outlet with a good ground, but that's true of a lot of audio equipment. My house has a spotty electrical system as well, only about half the outlets are grounded, and I do have hum problems if I plug into one missing the ground.

-Jim
My issue was crackling as opposed to hum. I don't know if the landlord hired the world's best electrician or not, but that guy couldn't find any problem. I'm quite certain Andy (AgedHorse) is right, that there was a ground problem, but either way, the landlord wasn't gonna go to the nth degree to fix it.

I will definitely buy another Rosette down the road.

As for the vocal handling, let me be more specific. I would never say no one could ever enjoy it. What I feel safer saying is that your average good or better performer would be more likely to enjoy Bose or similar for vocals than Rosette. And that dialing in a good vocal sound on Rosette takes more skill than dialing in good guitar tone.

But this thread is about enjoying Rosette for guitar, so let's do that!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification