The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-03-2019, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Default Guitar intensive programs

Friends, some months ago I began playing guitar. While this is a new instruments for me, I am a semi-pro clarinet/sax player for decades. So music is no stranger to me, even if the this string thing is. I posted a question about summer guitar programs and got some great suggestions which I could not take advantage of this summer. But, I am considering retiring in the near future and consider this the perfect time to commit some time to an intensive program of study. I am looking for something more than a single week, and and more like a guitar boot camp than the workshop/vacation model. I have found some programs online, but they are geared to teenagers, for the most part.
Would be obliged to hear from anyone who has personal experience with such an immersive program, or knows of one.
Thanks
David
Old 10-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Where do you live?

The most "intensive" thing you could do is find a private instructor who'll kick your butt, then show you how he/she did it

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 10-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Guest 33123

You may like Fur Peach Ranch: https://www.furpeaceranch.com/ but it might not be the model you are looking for. It runs Friday noon to Monday noon throughout the year. It's a full weekend of focused workshops, all food and accommodations included, plus a free Saturday night concert in the concert hall, open mic on Sunday, often some additional concerts by the instructors too. They offer a workshop called "Entrance Ramp" a couple of times a year aimed at new guitarists. Beware though that FPR workshops fill up fast. There's still some spaces for 2020. I go every year. 2020 will be my 8th time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write