The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-21-2010, 05:21 AM

Default What do you think is going on here then

Dont know what exactly i'm doing here ,not even sure if its music but i love going to this place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdIGC...ayer_embedded#
Old 02-21-2010, 06:53 PM

78 veiws = no comment ...........looking bad
Old 02-21-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelator View Post
78 veiws = no comment ...........looking bad
Well, at least you have a good sense of humour!

The recording was ok but your guitar is badly out of tune and you miss quite a few notes, which makes the entire listening experience so much worse.

It's cool that you can improvise though -- keep practicing!

And take the time to tune your guitar properly...
Old 02-22-2010, 01:54 AM

The twisted thing is i know all of what you say to be true ,but still let it out the way it was because there is something in the recording that i liked .I was set for a lot of criticizm and ready for a good debate about what was proper music ...............it isnt set in stone and is just what you like doing at the end of a day ................there is more than just music involved with playing a guitar and that is expression ...............my expression was a knock on correctness on that particular night .

I am sick of people trying to be perfect .Its about enjoyment ......i was having fun internaly even though the sound wasnt what people expected .

I guess people just didnt get it ..............
Old 02-22-2010, 02:05 AM

here is some of my other stuff ........but i get cranked at people banging on about how a recording sould be done .

The piece in the thread was actualy done for a political forum in an attack on political correctness ...............i'm sick and tired of it .sometimes i love just banging my guitar for no other person but my self and what i get out of it ............i was in troubled seas and the sound was befitting .

But in a world that stives for perfection .........it was always going to be ill fitting ....not up to standard

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/sil...tentertainment

sometimes people want to get over themselves and have some fun being wrong
Old 02-22-2010, 02:32 AM

I hold that there no more important thing happened in music than rock and roll ......and it threw away the rules .It how all rock was born .

didnt they say that was wrong once upon a time .

you wouldnt believe it but the establishment was so threatned by it people actualy lost their lives for the right to be wrong

You should try it sometimes ..........what is it some say ............sometimes darkness gives the brightest light
Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
The twisted thing is i know all of what you say to be true ,but still let it out the way it was because there is something in the recording that i liked .I was set for a lot of criticizm and ready for a good debate about what was proper music ...............it isnt set in stone and is just what you like doing at the end of a day ................there is more than just music involved with playing a guitar and that is expression ...............my expression was a knock on correctness on that particular night .

I am sick of people trying to be perfect .Its about enjoyment ......i was having fun internaly even though the sound wasnt what people expected .

I guess people just didnt get it ..............
There's music that lots of people want to hear and there's music that fewer people want to hear. Coming up with something different AND getting public acceptance is a big challenge. You can't blame "correctness" and "perfection" when people simply don't find the music pleasant.

If anything, we live in an era that allows any kid to do a professional recording for dirt cheap and then posting it on the web, gaining worldwide exposure without corporate support. People publish whatever they want, people listen to whatever they want. Couldn't things be more fair?

There are artists who have pushed the stylistic boundaries of music by coming up with something different that people actually wanted to hear. Otherwise it just remains your own personal music -- and there's nothing wrong with that. Just as there's nothing wrong with people finding it uninteresting.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
I hold that there no more important thing happened in music than rock and roll ......and it threw away the rules .It how all rock was born .

didnt they say that was wrong once upon a time .

you wouldnt believe it but the establishment was so threatned by it people actualy lost their lives for the right to be wrong

You should try it sometimes ..........what is it some say ............sometimes darkness gives the brightest light
Did you know that in Mozart's days it was not well perceived to write a piece in minor keys? Music had to be happy.

Mozart not being the most politically correct character, he made sure that his pieces were technically in major keys but the core of it was in minor.

He also wrote pieces with sexual innuendos that was totally outrageous for the time. Fighting the establishment started much before rock and roll and it usually is successful when the instigator has a lot of talent. Otherwise it just remains an obscure piece that no one cares about.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNewbie View Post
There's music that lots of people want to hear and there's music that fewer people want to hear. Coming up with something different AND getting public acceptance is a big challenge. You can't blame "correctness" and "perfection" when people simply don't find the music pleasant.

If anything, we live in an era that allows any kid to do a professional recording for dirt cheap and then posting it on the web, gaining worldwide exposure without corporate support. People publish whatever they want, people listen to whatever they want. Couldn't things be more fair?

There are artists who have pushed the stylistic boundaries of music by coming up with something different that people actually wanted to hear. Otherwise it just remains your own personal music -- and there's nothing wrong with that. Just as there's nothing wrong with people finding it uninteresting.
Your not getting it are you .........pleasant isnt all that music is supposed to be .........its an expression of dusgust ....its an expression end of .But people are being controled by format reverting back to the day when anything the wasnt CORRECT in the eyes of perfection had no worth .Rock and roll threw thi idea away once .............and yet it is coming back to a street near you if people dont start rejecting dogma of what it is said music is .

Your point about recording equipment is something i hold directly responsible for people not playing their guitars as much because every one seems to want to be aguitar player that can hide all their inadaqasies .............i say let it out there ,tell people how you realy are and how you realy think .I bet it wouldnt be the lilly lined road that most people seem to want to sing and play about ..............they paint a picture in music that is not true in a world gone mad .But hey lets keep it melodic eh ...........the world could be anything but

Last edited by markIvan; 02-22-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:08 AM

Music to me is supposed to capture the sign of its time .....................i think mine is more honest than most because the world today is not melodic ........and thats a fact
Old 02-22-2010, 04:28 AM

This isnt a personal attack on you newbie ,i am sorry if it is coming accross as such .

It is a plea to all musicians to stop telling lies .

The resposability of a musician isnt to fool people ..........its to tell like it is and thats a broken world .

The music that started this thread is broken .........but its the truth............it wasnt supposed to be anything but atmospheric

Last edited by markIvan; 02-22-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 AM

quote by Newbie "Otherwise it just remains an obscure piece that no one cares about"

Now your getting it ...........it wasnt enough that industrialized conflick ravished the earth ................now the technological wants to ravish everything on it .

To hell with giving everyone what they want .........they cant agree with what it is they want .They say they want peace .......and yet constantly fight .

LETS GIVE THEM A BIT OF HOME TRUTH >>>>>>>>AND IT ISNT PRITTY I CAN TELL YOU THAT
Old 02-22-2010, 07:23 AM

My criteria is simple. If I walked into a bar/club/cafe and heard something playing would I stay and listen. The piece you posted has some interesting chords but ...
  • Your guitar is out of tune
  • The song has no recognizable structure

The first is always a sign (to me) of an amateur or rank beginner. A performance starts with an instrument that's in tune. The second is arguable. Seems much modern music is essentially unstructured. While that may appeal to some, it does not appeal to me.

If one chooses to express themselves musically in a form that differs from the "norm" then one must also realize that the receptive audience will be much smaller than it would be for more "traditional" style and structure.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 AM

message deleted by author.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 AM

I love the simple black setting of the movie.

Hey and yes the guitar is out of tune, but so what, it is a good start, so don't give up. Work hard on your music and add some color next time

Roland Kalus

https://rolandkalus.bandcamp.com/alb...le-autumn-blue
Mcilroy ASP30C
Björn Welsch 000 12fret
Martin Duwe OM 12fret Cut
Stevens OM-P

Martin Duwe Crossover
Gibson L48
AER Amps and PA-Systems

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD