The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-12-2020, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Default Klos carbon fiber guitar-any owners here?

I noticed a facebook page for Klos carbon fiber guitars.

They offer a travel size and full-size acoustics with and without PU.Nice traditional look.

Anyone here have any experience with this brand?

Thanks

Gabe
Old 09-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Guest 928

Guitar;

If you'll use the search engine on this forum, the Google search, you will find a bazillon discussions, many on the Acoustic guitar forum. Enjoy.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

I bought one of the Klos travel guitars back in early 2019, played it quite a bit. The longer scale neck made it a little easier to play than most comparable travel guitars (Baby Taylor, Little Martin). I ended up selling mine to a buddy who was retiring and living on a boat. He still plays it, and loves it. I kind of missed having that guitar.

Not long ago I saw they had a factory second 'Deluxe' package (carbon stiffening rods, strap, capo, etc.) acoustic electric version for a pretty good price and I bought it. It is a lot of fun to play, the size, again, is somewhat unique. Being this one has the onboard pickup, I have plugged it in quite a bit and it sounds pretty good through an amp. The guitar comes standard with .11 gauge strings, but Klos says you can run 12's with no problem. It plays easier with 11's, but I prefer the sound with 12's, it's just a little fuller and louder. And they upgraded the gig bag, it's pretty nice with lots of storage.

I really like my little Klos. I know it's not 100% CF, but if it was I probably couldn't have afforded it. It projects well enough, plays easily, and is a very well made guitar. I don't have a Cargo or Journey or other models to compare to, and I'm sure those are great guitars. But I'm happy with my Klos, it works for what I need it for. Their customer service is great as well.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:31 PM

I ordered the fully carbon fiber full size, and once the necks arrived in mid-August, it arrived In early September. I’ll post pics, which you can see anywhere. I’ve been playing a Martin HD-28 with great (and unsuccessful) care. The largely indestructible and beautiful KLOS plays with action, feel, and neck dimension indiscernible from the Martin. After repeated blind trials in the kitchen, my wife had some difficulty discerning between the two, but she ultimately preferred the depth and warmth of the Martin. In the driver’s seat, I’m more excited by the brightness, while impressed by the depth. The volume is as advertised. I’m pretty intoxicated. It exceeded hopes. I played it with a lantern as the power went off Tuesday afternoon with Sandy. I couldn’t be more satisfied, and local dudes who play amazingly love it.
2020 KLOS Full-size Full Carbon Fiber
2022 Epiphone IBG J200

Last edited by G8rSrfrInMobile; 09-19-2020 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargabor View Post
I noticed a facebook page for Klos carbon fiber guitars.

They offer a travel size and full-size acoustics with and without PU.Nice traditional look.

Anyone here have any experience with this brand?

Thanks

Gabe
When I first saw KLŌS's Kickstarter page, I pledged immediately. I travel a lot, and my little travel guitar (a Pignose PGG-200 Deluxe) just wasn't cutting it. The carbon fiber indestructibility appealed to me, so even if it wasn't a 'good' guitar, I figured it could take a lot of baggage handling without breaking.

It turns out it's one of my favorite guitars! I've played it in hotel rooms, on board ship, and even at home. A lot!

Break down and assembly takes less than ten minutes, and KLŌS includes everything needed to do so. The action is great, and I love the scale (having small hands, I've added more short scale guitars to my collection now.

It would take an act of Congress to separate me from my KLŌS!

Old 10-11-2020, 03:50 PM

Fpuhan, does setup/breakdown really take as much as 10 minutes? I'm curious what that involves, thanks.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Guest 928

Well first, you have to bring in the lift. Then you have to haul in the strings. And the seating has to be just so. And the tension has to be just right. It's a long and arduous task. But somebody's got to do it.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

I have a Klos travel and a Furch Little Jane. The Klos takes quite a bit longer to pack / reassemble.

I like the Klos but if I'm going down to my boat and its super hot I will usually carry it fully assembled.

The Little Jane is my go-to most of the time. For the Klos you have to turn the neck fasteners quite a few turns, and detune / retune as well as deal with the strings with velcro / capo to make sure they don't pop out of the nut.

It works for travel no problem as it is only about ten minutes but I wouldn't say the Klos system is designed for frequent assembly and disassembly like the Little Jane.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:07 PM

When I fly, I’ll break it down. It is about 10 minutes for me. I’ll only do it when necessary. Not car Or boat trips. It lays around with the dogs and gets played a lot. I think it’s magic. I love it.
2020 KLOS Full-size Full Carbon Fiber
2022 Epiphone IBG J200

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber