The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-20-2024, 01:42 PM

Default Bose pro 32 using auxiliary for drum machine?

Hi there, has anyone ever used a drum machine in the auxiliary input in the pro 32, it would save me buying a tone match mixer as well as a drum machine, I can't find any info information anywhere. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

Dave;

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but, in the past, I have had great success with my questions on the Bose Users Forum - I think they have a different name for it now, however - but the folks who are the moderators actually work for Bose and they give very definitive answers, least ways they have always done so for me...

If that doesn't work, try calling Bose and asking them about it.

I have the older L1 Model II and I love it; I use one of the earlier Tone Match mixers, the T1, and I can't say enough good things about it! Has SO much flexibility and all the options I have wanted or needed - more, actually. I'm guessing the Pro 32 has some sort of multiple inputs/mixer in the actual base of the unit? I know that there's no way to use my Model II without some sort of mixer...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 03-25-2024, 01:22 AM

Hi jseth
I have actually bought a boss rhythm partner now so will experiment when it arrives. I spoke to the shop I bought it from and they said it might be OK but if I have noise problems to run it through a mixer, I have been looking at a tonematch mixer but they are very expensive. The pro 32 has two inputs and one auxiliary. Thanks very much for your reply.
Dave
Old 03-25-2024, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

The Boss output is 1/8" TRS (stereo) "consumer line level" and looks for 10kΩ input. The Bose says their 1/8" [TRS] AUX is [expecting] line level so should be Ok. I suspect it's input impedance is fine. (The Bose owner's manual is silent on technical specs, but the old L1 Compact I had, which did have specs, worked fine with a e-drumkit output on that input, which was spec'd at 10kΩ.)
Old 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM

FWIW.... I have a Boss Rhythm Partner (DR-01S) that I run into the stereo channel of a Yamaha MG06X mixer using an 1/8" TRS to (2)1/4"TS cable. Works well and no noise that I can notice. Works the same if connected with an 1/8"TRS to 1/8"TRS into the AUX input of my QSC CP8. The AUX in of the BOSE should work fine. Be sure to set the gain of the BOSE AUX in to minimum or output volume of the DR-01S to minimum so you don't get any surprises.

Last edited by MarkF_48; 03-25-2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:27 AM

Hi everyone who helped with this, have used the rhythm partner with the Bose using the auxiliary input and it works perfectly with no noise issues etc, thanks to all of you for taking the time to help out.

Kind regards

David

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification