The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-26-2020, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
Wow, I do appreciate that story Jamie. Thanks for sharing. That was such an interesting build. I have never worked with Pau Santo and probably never will again so that was a once in a lifetime experience there, and then the interesting ornamentation looked good with the green cast of the back and sides. That was one of my favorites.
Thanks John. I’m so happy it was a rewarding one for you too. I hope we can do another unique one in the not too distant future.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Al Petteway playing my West Coast OM

My first post here in this forum and I'd like to say thanks to this beautiful and awesome sounding guitar that made me write to John .... NO I am not the new owner of this splendid instrument but YES I am going to be embarking on a very special journey to the West Coast with John Kinnaird.

Word on the street is that the build will be getting underway very very soon!

Looking forward to all of that and engagement with the rest of the forum members in the build thread.

Last edited by Hanter; 05-19-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:25 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanter View Post
My first post here in this forum and I'd like to say thanks to this beautiful and awesome sounding guitar that made me write to John .... NO I am not the new owner of this splendid instrument but YES I am going to be embarking on a very special journey to the West Coast with John Kinnaird.

Word on the street is that the build will be getting underway very very soon!

Looking forward to all of that and engagement with the rest of the forum members in the build thread.
Yes indeed. Materials are congregating and needful decisions are being decided.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

He's such a great player and good guy. I have a lesson with him in about an hour.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:20 PM

I remember playing "Woody" many years ago. Brian Wolfe had it at acousticmusic.org. I knew at the time I should have bought it, and it remains one of the "ones that got away". It had a lovely sweet lyrical tone, probably the nicest L00 I've played. The cedar/Cuban combo worked a treat.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Brother! Mountains of praise to both you and Al!
That was truly satisfying--well done.

SK

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 05-21-2020, 04:30 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Brother! Mountains of praise to both you and Al!
That was truly satisfying--well done.

SK
Thanks Bro. Working with Al is such an easy going experience. I feel fortunate having him near enough that this becomes possible.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:32 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisczech View Post
I remember playing "Woody" many years ago. Brian Wolfe had it at acousticmusic.org. I knew at the time I should have bought it, and it remains one of the "ones that got away". It had a lovely sweet lyrical tone, probably the nicest L00 I've played. The cedar/Cuban combo worked a treat.
Hey Dennis
It’s been a while. I appreciate your appreciation of Woody. I wonder where it is now.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:41 AM

Smile

Yes John, Woody was the inspiration for "Woody vol 2", which is also out there somewhere in guitar wonderland. Woody 2 had a nice throaty oomph, but not as sweet as the original! http://www.goodacoustics.com/archives/764
We had a couple of others along the way as well... sometimes I get the hankering to revisit the JK story and update it Maybe Woody vol 3?
Old 05-21-2020, 05:33 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisczech View Post
Yes John, Woody was the inspiration for "Woody vol 2", which is also out there somewhere in guitar wonderland. Woody 2 had a nice throaty oomph, but not as sweet as the original! http://www.goodacoustics.com/archives/764
We had a couple of others along the way as well... sometimes I get the hankering to revisit the JK story and update it Maybe Woody vol 3?
During these uncertain times Dennis i think its important to give in to your hankerings

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop