The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 AM

Default MIGUEL ANGEL S.L. classical guitar

I have a MIGUEL ANGEL classical guitar made in Spain from the early 80's (I don't remember exactly which year, my classical guitar teacher had bought it for me. I had payed around 50000 Greek drachmas in the early '80s, probably 1981). The sticker inside writes:

MIGUEL ANGEL S.L.
RAUSELL Y HNOS. FERRER
FABRICA DE GUITARRAS-LAUDES-BANDURIAS
CALVO BOTELO S/N ESQUINA A AV. NORTE
telef. no FOYOS (VALENCIA - ESPANA)

It also has an elliptical seal that writes:
GUITARRAS
MIGUEL ANGEL S.L.
FOYOS
(VALENCIA-SPAIN)
There is no any serial number. My teacher had told me then, that the guitar is hand-made, but it doesn't write any "hand-made" in the sticker.
The guitar is made from rosewood (back and sides) and I think cedar top (I am not sure about the top wood). The fingerboard is ebony.
I haven't found many references for this guitar in the web. Does anybody have any comments on this guitar, (if it is considered a high-end guitar or a medium one, if it is hand-made, or whatever) and how much would it's price be today ? It's sound is very nice (sweet bass and treble), it's playbility good (it could be better if it had a shallower neck profile, but I have got used to it).

Thank you

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical