The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-15-2016, 10:56 AM

Headstock routing jig works.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM

Soundboard with bent armbevel movie :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJdIVfvj...y=dutchluthier

Gluing the linings :

Bracing pattern inspired by arch top guitars. These bracings are 50% spruce and 50% cedar for a balanced sound profile.

Rosette 1 is in! Woopty Doo!

Old 09-20-2016, 10:03 AM

The carbon square tubes stop the neck from bending into the body.

Another innovation by Dutch Luthier, like the 0.6 millimeter carbon fiber bracings or the embedded soundboard design.

This time the ball ends of the strings are being held by a composite component that comes from underneath the soundboard.

The base plate is larger then the hole in the soundboard, so it's impossible for the bridge to fly off the guitar.

The saddle part of this design is a steel roller bridge with adjustable intonation. This metal bridge is sitting on the soundboard like a traditional design, the downward string pressure keeps it on.

Body pre clear coat and with 1 (wet) layer of poly urethane clear coat :

Old 09-29-2016, 10:29 AM

A trussrod in the neck of the Hybrid 2.0 steel string + gluing the fretboard on.

Hybrid 2.0 steel string is fretted. Next step, hit it with the high viscosity super glue.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 AM

Started Hybrid 2, nylon.

Routed purfling :

Heat stamp logo :

Old 10-31-2016, 06:40 AM

A little update :

This project ran out of money. I loaned 10000 Euro to take this model to consumer quality and produce 8 units to repay the loan.

The bodys are coming out of the mold in a horrible way, full of holes and big deformations. We now have to make bodies with outsourcing and I am speaking to a person. There is no more money to pay for the outsourced bodies so I have 10000 Euro debt now, that is why I have developed an electric guitar model called the Electro X, so there will be something to generate income and pay for carbon bodies.

You can see the building of that model here : http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=444574

I have shifted the focus from making carbon bodis for 4 months to just finishing 1 steelstring and 1 nylon stringed guitar, just so there is something that makes sound.

Nylon version :

Old 11-01-2016, 02:36 PM

Default Master Guitars George Gorodnitski- CF Braced Hybrid

Back in 1997 George Gorodnitski (Master Guitars) from Hollywood, CA presented a futuristic design for the late 90's at the Healdsburg Guitar Festival (LMI). It was very well received at the time. It featured an all wood guitar Dreadnought with a cutaway made with Carbon Fiber bracing. George may have been the first ever to combined CF bracing in an all wood acoustic. European spruce top, Indian Rosewood B/S, Honduran Mahogony neck, ebony bridge, fingerboard. Pretty special instrument. Lets not forget the abalone fretboard and headstock design. Now the sound and the impact the CF bracing has on the tone. It has a deep clear low end and beautiful articulation and balance across the fretboard. George was ahead of his time for sure. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

MK
Old 11-01-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonepro54 View Post
Back in 1997 George Gorodnitski (Master Guitars) from Hollywood, CA presented a futuristic design for the late 90's at the Healdsburg Guitar Festival (LMI). It was very well received at the time. It featured an all wood guitar Dreadnought with a cutaway made with Carbon Fiber bracing. George may have been the first ever to combined CF bracing in an all wood acoustic. European spruce top, Indian Rosewood B/S, Honduran Mahogony neck, ebony bridge, fingerboard. Pretty special instrument. Lets not forget the abalone fretboard and headstock design. Now the sound and the impact the CF bracing has on the tone. It has a deep clear low end and beautiful articulation and balance across the fretboard. George was ahead of his time for sure. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

MK
I'd be interested if you can PM me with some pics... I do recall a picture of an all carbon fiber braced guitar in one of the guitar magazines at the time, more like a CF skeleton...
Old 11-02-2016, 12:14 PM

I sent you pictures let mr know if you get them.

Mitch
Old 11-03-2016, 12:13 AM
Charter Member

Keenly interested in the pictures too, please!
Old 11-03-2016, 08:36 AM

Hey Rogthefrog- I do not have image upload access. Sorry email me and I will share the photos of the Gorodntiski.

MK

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop