The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-29-2015, 08:39 AM

Unfortunately I wasn't there but this beauty from Ray was.

More photos here.

http://www.theacousticmusicco.co.uk/...luithers-.html
Old 10-29-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Nah, I think it's the same guy in both pictures.

Careful Sexauer. I got your twin also

Sexauer 2014

Sexauer 2015
Old 10-29-2015, 02:08 PM

Getting there. Should be done soon

~Rob

Guitar Player
Old 10-29-2015, 03:11 PM

Sorry I should add the pic of myself so the Luthiers know who took the pics. Only fair right

Guitar Player
Old 10-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Default Some Saturday Room Shots (Bearsville Theater)

Old 10-30-2015, 04:06 AM

Thanks to everyone who came around to this years show. It was truly an epic celebration where we honored the career of my mentor Ervin Somogyi.

Pictured is Ervin in the new robe/dressing gown that we presented to him on Thursday before the show. For those of you not in the know, Ervin always where's a bathrobe on the last day of a show. Now we classed it up a bit :-)

Then of course Ervin one up's us by having these t-shirts made.

He also had made up these traditional Japanese work shirts for us to wear during the show. We mostly made it through the whole three days but with the stage lights on us we did at times need to peal off some layers as it was quite hot!

The last night of the show Ervin and all of us apprentices got together to have one more meal together to share some memories and to pay our respects to the the late Gustav. We laughed and at times got a little choked up but words cant express how nice it was to share a table with these amazing people.

I had a client pop into the show who recently found one of my older instruments. To see an old instrument is like seeing an old child to me. I was admittingly a bit choked up looking over all the details. However, the most fun of all was listening to how incredible it sounds. I don't often get to hear my early work so when I do its always fun!!! Thanks for this Robert!

I'm currently bumming around England exploring a lot of amazing history and sites. Saturday I make my way down to Trevor's shop "The Acoustic Music Co." to talk about Ervin and all of us apprentices. I'm very much looking forward to seeing all the guitars and meeting those of you who will be in attendance.

Thanks to everyone who came to the show this past weekend. I had a lot of fun and I cant wait to see you all again.

Cheers,
Ray
Old 10-30-2015, 04:14 AM

Thanks to everyone who came around to this years show. It was truly an epic celebration where we honored the career of my mentor Ervin Somogyi.

Pictured is Ervin in the new robe/dressing gown that we presented to him on Thursday before the show. For those of you not in the know, Ervin always where's a bathrobe on the last day of a show. Now we classed it up a bit :-)

[IMG]IMG_3690 by Raymond Kraut, on Flickr[/IMG]

Then of course Ervin one up's us by having these t-shirts made.

[IMG]IMG_3668 by Raymond Kraut, on Flickr[/IMG]

He also had made up these traditional Japanese work shirts for us to wear during the show. We mostly made it through the whole three days but with the stage lights on us we did at times need to peal off some layers as it was quite hot!

[IMG]IMG_3683 by Raymond Kraut, on Flickr[/IMG]

The last night of the show Ervin and all of us apprentices got together to have one more meal together to share some memories and to pay our respects to the the late Gustav. We laughed and at times got a little choked up but words cant express how nice it was to share a table with these amazing people.

[IMG]IMG_3715 by Raymond Kraut, on Flickr[/IMG]

I had a client pop into the show who recently found one of my older instruments. To see an old instrument is like seeing an old child to me. I was admittingly a bit choked up looking over all the details. However, the most fun of all was listening to how incredible it sounds. I don't often get to hear my early work so when I do its always fun!!! Thanks for this Robert!

[IMG]IMG_3687 by Raymond Kraut, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm currently bumming around England exploring a lot of amazing history and sites. Saturday I make my way down to Trevor's shop "The Acoustic Music Co." to talk about Ervin and all of us apprentices. I'm very much looking forward to seeing all the guitars and meeting those of you who will be in attendance.

Thanks to everyone who came to the show this past weekend. I had a lot of fun and I cant wait to see you all again.

Cheers,
Ray
Old 10-30-2015, 06:22 PM

Thank you very much for sharing nice photos!
And hey! It was nice to meet you!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:05 PM

We (Wdstk Invit'l Luthiers Showcase) got many pics (and demo-clips) of Thierry's Harp-Guitar! Be patient, please; coming ASAP.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:47 PM

This looks so cool. I wasn't really aware of the event, but should think about attending next year - neat!
Old 11-03-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
This looks so cool. I wasn't really aware of the event, but should think about attending next year - neat!
If you are anywhere nearby, yes you should! Great event, great people, great venue!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:53 AM

Regarding David MacCubbin: I first became aware of David through a Guitarmaker magazine cover story about his Chesapeake Bay guitars, built to raise awareness of and support the environmental clean-up of the Bay, back in 2009? Met him at ASIA Symposium that summer and invited him to show at the very first Woodstock Invitational that year. First hour of first day I ran in to him outside, he had a big smile on his face and said "Just sold a guitar!" The first sale at the first show! Later the same day, outside again, "Sold another one!" Couple years later he was co-building African koras with Kinobe Herbert, of Kinobe and the African Sensation from Uganda, updating them with modern tuning machines and usable electronics, and we were able to get Kinobe and his brothers and all their traditional koras, n'dungus, balaphones, m'biras and kalimbas to Woodstock that year for a concert and workshop. Spectacular! David and Claire are one of the nicest couples in the community, and David's guitars are, to my mind, absolute bargains!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilo123 View Post
Is this the one?

~Rob
Guitar Player
Ken Bonfield's collapsable harp guitar by Al Carruth is called Thumbelina!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop