The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-14-2018, 02:19 AM

Cool Pellerin Guitars - TWO Grand Auditoriums for The Golden Era Guitar

We had the great privilege of having luthier Michel Pellerin drop by Singapore to deliver not one, but TWO of his beautiful Grand Auditoriums.

Michel has been building guitars for the past 21 years and will be building his 200th guitar this year! He is well known for his Harp Guitars as played by virtuoso Claude LaFlamme. Michel derives greatest inspiration from Mario Beauregard of Beauregard Guitars and he is also highly regarded among his peers, such as Linda Manzer:

"Michel is one of the most exciting new innovative builders in the scene. I love what he does and always keep an eye on what he comes up with"

Here is an impromptu interview that we conducted during his time here:

What struck me first was the high quality of finish and workmanship displayed on his instruments - some of the finest I have ever seen. His sound is robust, extremely loud and responsive with clarity and brilliance. The bass is deep and resonant.

Here are the 2 Pellerins we have for sale, both Grand Auditoriums but in tonewoods that couldn't be more different - Cedar/Rosewood vs. Spruce/Maple. Despite being polar opposites, the guitars sound surprisingly similar, displaying the consistency he achieves with his sound.

Check out the Guitars in Stock thread, or simply head on to our website to check them out!
https://www.thegoldeneraguitar.com/guitars

-------

First up, we have a fully spec'd out guitar in gorgeous Bear Claw Sitka Spruce/Bird's Eye Maple, Fanned Fret, Florentine Cutaway and a Rosewood bound Ryan style Arm Bevel. The Rosette, Backstrip and Headstock are all tastefully designed with a minimalistic approach. The sound is bright, punchy and clear with ample overtones and warmth despite the Maple. A great all rounder which lends itself very well to strumming. If you are after a looker and player, this is it!

PELLERIN GA Bear Claw Sitka/Bird's Eye Maple:

Next up, we have this unique PELLERIN GA "Black" Cedar/East Indian Rosewood with a Scoop Cutaway. I am not usually partial to Cedar due to its excessive warmth/overtones and lack of headroom. However, this guitar is sufficiently bright with an enormous Spruce-like headroom. It does not exude an excessive amount of overtones and warmth as one might expect from Cedar, but just enough to envelope the player in a clear and tasteful manner. It is ideal for fingerstyle, and even strumming if you are after a warm chorus of chords. Quite the perfect Cedar guitar in my books.

The top is a deep jet black and which is beautifully juxtaposed by the Maple purfling. Contrary to popular belief, the black does not smudge very noticeably, which can be easily wiped off. An absolutely beautiful guitar, inside and out.

PELLERIN GA "Black" Cedar/East Indian Rosewood:

Here is a video of the 2 guitars in action. Skip to 5:04 and 6:56 for the demos!

I am still working on my mic'ing technique and upgrading of my gear, so here is probably a better representation of how his guitars sound:

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 04-14-2018, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

Ohhhh. Those are cool. Love the maple and the black top. Lovely work.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

I really love Michel's work ... such clean lines and so well executed!
Old 04-14-2018, 11:05 PM

Blackie is stunning. Very tastefully done.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Ohhhh. Those are cool. Love the maple and the black top. Lovely work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wren View Post
I really love Michel's work ... such clean lines and so well executed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Blackie is stunning. Very tastefully done.
Thanks guys! These 2 instruments really do look just as good as they do in pictures. I was definitely well surprised by the quality of Michel's workmanship. Both guitars complement each other very well, both aesthetically and tonally, and I would hope to sell it as a pair haha

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 04-15-2018, 10:04 PM

Beautiful guitars Marcus! Got a chance to meet with Michel today in Harrisburg... he's a great builder and great guy to boot!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
luthier, pellerin, singapore, tgeg, the golden era guitar