The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-12-2021, 04:10 PM

I asked for a spare nut in case I wanted to cut one for different strings. No problem, mine came with a spare nut.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 01-12-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Congratulations!

Those four months will pass much faster than you can imagine.

Hahahahha...Good One! Hope this helps
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-12-2021, 05:04 PM

Also..I love my black X-20, had it for years... my wait was a few minutes as a certain Irish guy had one at NAMM in Anaheim a few years back and some how I came home with it... though this newer style is even cooler...sigh...just sayin'.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I've been wanting a guitar to leave out, and when we can gig again, use for those outdoor ones that are sweltering, and occasionally freezing (man, I hate those). So I placed an order for an Emerald X-20 today. It's going to be a long 4 months!

Anyway, thanks for all the info here. I've been sifting through it for weeks now, listening to every online demo I could find, and this site has been a huge help.
Congrats on getting an X20 ordered! There is a reason the X20 is their flagship model - it just does so much so well. I tend to prefer smaller guitars, but the X20 is the one bigger guitar I have that feels so comfortable to me.

How fast that 4 months goes depends on how much time you spend on this sub-forum. I didn't say anything here about ordering a custom scale length X10 until I was told "it should ship next week." Cut to the chase: it took longer than that and the wait was more painful after talking about it. In the end, with a lot of playing time of other guitars, some cussing, and trying (unsuccessfully) to find other things to occupy my mind... it showed up. At our local Post Office at 12:01 pm on the Saturday of a Monday holiday weekend. Those last 3 days were the worst. But, now that Emerald is using UPS, I'm sure that won't happen to you.

Why, almost 8 hours have passed since you started this thread... the next 119 days and 16 hours will fly by.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:49 PM

My new X20 came in today. It actually spent more time in customs than it did traveling. It’s worth the wait!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber