The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-10-2021, 10:54 AM

Default NGD - Fender Special Ed Tele FMT HH

I got this last week and haven't had too much time to play it other than though headphones on my amp. Yesterday the family was out for a while and I got to blast it. I don't have a lot to compare it to, other than my Martin through a Fishman SA220 amp, but I'm loving it so far. I'd always messed around with the Stone's song, "Monkey Man', on acoustic, but clearly it's an electric guitar song and it rips on the guitar, compared to the acoustic.

Some specs:
Made in Indonesia
Seymour Duncan Dual humbuckers
3 way pickup switch
push pull coil tap
set mahogony neck (not bolt on)
mahogony body and maple top

The workmanship appears to be very good so far and I'm looking forward to the journey. I'm sure I'll be checking in soon looking for advice on amp upgrades. (Thanks for the gig bag/case advice in the other thread).

Note: I should probably remove the plastic covers on the pickups.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:38 AM

Enjoy! I had the same guitar. A great set of pickups. They are a bit of a cross breed but very nice instruments easily worth every penny. I feel its parents were an SG and Tele

Gretsch 6228FM
Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster
Michael Tuttle T style
Old 01-10-2021, 01:06 PM

Scott, Congrats!

I just looked up the specs to find out what Seymour Duncans they are; '59 neck and a Pearly Gates bridge. Sweet. They'll sound fantastic with your mahogany bodied / flamed maple body guitar. Mahogany neck too. A rocker's dream.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars