The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-13-2021, 09:02 PM

Default Boogie woogie style learning links?

Hello folks, this is a bit embarrassing... See, I've been gone from the forum/music due to elbow tendonitis issues and sold all my guitars 10 yrs ago. Recently I've been feeling the urge and wish to try my luck at taking it slowly and instead of acoustic I'm gong to try the electrics to see if I can return to the instrument I dearly miss w/o the tendonitis issues. Hopefully...!

So, I've been away and 100% out of the picture. could you folk please suggest a link or a few where a guy can search for some Boogie Woogie tabs or the like genre to begin the journey back please?

It's been SO long and I'm a total newby again. I'd gotten away from anything "music" and never to return... Some You Tube listening to the Boogie style has me lusting again. I'm still looking to buy a used instrument as yet but I'm getting close!

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you very much,

Jeremy.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:15 PM

Del Rey has a boogie woogie lesson on Homespun:

https://www.homespun.com/shop/produc...woogie-guitar/
Old 01-13-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfreydaniel View Post
Del Rey has a boogie woogie lesson on Homespun:

https://www.homespun.com/shop/produc...woogie-guitar/
Thank you for this but I see now I should've specified a pick-style of playing and not finger-style.

I'm looking into Stefan Grossmans site but not having much luck with the boogie stuff using a pick. You Tube is really messed up for me at present, can't say why but something with the site has changed over the year and I'm getting "sign in....sign in...sign in" issues. Really a bugger. I can't figure out what the program is doing and neither can my son...

Finding a good learning source will have an impact on whether or not I will follow up with this venture and I'm sure hoping it doesn't limit me. I'll keep searching. That music style really hits my hot button and I so want to learn it.

Thank you very much...

Jeremy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars