The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-28-2018, 12:25 PM

Default "71 Univox Les Paul copy

I can already hear the collective sigh, but I need help with posting photos as you can plainly see. Bahahah. I want to share with the forum through photos as well as words and I've gotten some pix to load but cannot for the life of me get them right side up. I can't even find an option to rotate left or right. Would some one be kind enough to help me with this?
As for the '71 Univox Mother(their name for this model) I pulled it out of retirement today and was reliving my youth for a few minutes. I thought I was the king of the world when my father and brother gave me this brand new guitar for my 14th birthday.
It's got Seymore Duncan Jazz Neck and Pearly Gates bridge p/u's in it now with a Switchcraft p/u selector and input jack. The tuning machines could really use to be replaced, but I haven't played this guitar in about 5 or 6 years so it's not that high on the things to do list. As far as sound, it's creamy and smooth in the neck position, and screams big Texas blues in the bridge slot. I've grown a lot, width wise, over the years and this guitar seems very small to me now. But if my wife steps out today, I think I'll crank up the Valve King, throw that strap over my shoulder and do my best Frampton Comes Alive tribute!
Thanks cool cats.

Attachment 9168

Attachment 9169

Attachment 9170

Attachment 9171

Last edited by Chickee; 07-08-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Guitar Gourmet

It's in remarkable shape. I played one of these that belonged to a friend of mine for a while from 1973-1975. I've got a pic somewhere but can't find it.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 05-28-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
It's in remarkable shape.
Bob
You know Bob, I played that guitar pretty much every single day for ten years straight. Then, I'm sure you know, life gets in the way. It's a tank thru and thru. Still plays and sounds great.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I can already hear the collective sigh, but I need help with posting photos as you can plainly see. Bahahah. I want to share with the forum through photos as well as words and I've gotten some pix to load but cannot for the life of me get them right side up. I can't even find an option to rotate left or right. Would some one be kind enough to help me with this?
As for the '71 Univox Mother(their name for this model) I pulled it out of retirement today and was reliving my youth for a few minutes. I thought I was the king of the world when my father and brother gave me this brand new guitar for my 14th birthday.
It's got Seymore Duncan Jazz Neck and Pearly Gates bridge p/u's in it now with a Switchcraft p/u selector and input jack. The tuning machines could really use to be replaced, but I haven't played this guitar in about 5 or 6 years so it's not that high on the things to do list. As far as sound, it's creamy and smooth in the neck position, and screams big Texas blues in the bridge slot. I've grown a lot, width wise, over the years and this guitar seems very small to me now. But if my wife steps out today, I think I'll crank up the Valve King, throw that strap over my shoulder and do my best Frampton Comes Alive tribute!
Thanks cool cats.

Attachment 9168

Attachment 9169

Attachment 9170

Attachment 9171
I love the old Made in Japan guitars! They are really well made.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars