The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-10-2016, 10:39 AM

Default Input volume very low

Last night I tried plugging my Seymour Duncan Woody pickup into my Lexicon Lambda and the input volume was very low. Recording with Garage Band on my MacBook, any ideas how to increase the volume? Trying to avoid spending money if possible b
'07 Seagull Artist Studio Burst 12
'08 Norman Protege B18
'08 Rickenbacker 610
‘18 Gibson SG Special
Old 01-10-2016, 11:42 AM

Hello Paris,
Not sure if this video will help but here it is just in case:

Beyond that go to smart controls in GB (dial icon top left side of window above track-headers, then click on the inspector icon (small letter i on the left side of the smart controls window). Click on the disclosure triangle beside Recording Settings to open up that menu. You'll see a Record Level appear. Just slide the control to the right to raise your input record volume. Hope this helps.
Trevor
Old 01-10-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisStarlight View Post
Last night I tried plugging my Seymour Duncan Woody pickup into my Lexicon Lambda and the input volume was very low. Recording with Garage Band on my MacBook, any ideas how to increase the volume? Trying to avoid spending money if possible b
Are you using the Hi-Z instrument input on the front panel or the line inputs on the rear? Try switching them.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:20 PM

Good advice above hope it works for you . Some interfaces as the two I have m-audio pro fast trac and lexicon u42s which just died on me lol but what I'm getting at is input levels both of mine have low levels if you turn up the gain up on the interface they go noise crazy .

Not sure about your daw but you can increase the track gain level inside the waver window or track window as an option to .

That might help or spending a little and get a preamp like a art tube pre I use two there maybe 30 bucks and do a good job But I did have replace the tubes for better ones . I hope the advice from the others gets fixed up .

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Breedlove Ed Gerhard signature master class jumbo
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD