The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-12-2015, 04:51 PM

Default Memphis Guitar Festival

Many thanks for all the kind words! First of all I apologize for all those luthiers I didn't say "Goodbye" to....secondly I apologize even more for those I didn't say 'Hello' to! I can't believe how busy I was. I was on the move constantly wherever people needed me. I only got to play one guitar the entire weekend, and that was probably because there was a chair in front of the table and I was about to collapse . It was Joel Michaud's OO, would have bought it in a second if I had the time or energy...but both were in short supply.

I'm sure most of you had a chance to meet my partner Bill and my girlfriend Judy who was in charge of all volunteers & staff and did a stellar job. She kept everyone in line and everything moving smoothly. She tried keeping me in line, but that didn't work so much, maybe better next time or she'll kill me!

As well organized and thought out as this show was (set-up and tear-down only took 90 minutes!), we have 29 pages of notes to make this better for 2017.

While there weren't as many attendees as we had hoped for (100 canceled in the last week due to illness, family situations, etc.). We still had a very respectable amount of sales for a first show, with MANY happy luthiers. Each show will get bigger and better!

There seem to be a lot of people who didn't have time to order t-shirts. The 'Blueprint' seemed to be the most popular among luthiers while the 'Purple' one seemed to be more popular among attendees. So I will make some more of the 'Blueprint'. If you're interested, please email at [email protected] so I order the right quantities of each.

Since this thread will gradually disappear, when my t-shirts are ready to go online, I will start a thread 'Memphis T-Shirts'. I have over 800 pictures (just received today), they will start going up on our website late next week.

Again, thanks everyone for your and please hold dates for June 2,3 & 4 of 2017. We will have a very special replacement for Graceland (it seems a shame not to do Graceland while being in Memphis, maybe we'll do it again in 2019 for the sake of the attendees).
Old 06-12-2015, 06:27 PM
AGF Sponsor

Sign us up, Bob. We are ready. It ended all to soon. It will be fun to see what lies ahead.

I love Judy. I want to keep her for my own!

Ohhhh, yes, and of course we really enjoyed Bill, too. I will be in touch with him. What an awesome pick of partners in both areas of your life.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Guitar View Post
please hold dates for June 2,3 & 4 of 2017. We will have a very special replacement for Graceland (it seems a shame not to do Graceland while being in Memphis, maybe we'll do it again in 2019 for the sake of the attendees).
Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread but did you mean 2016 or are you skipping a year? Thx!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 06-12-2015, 07:09 PM

Default Memphis Guitar Festival

The Memphis Acoustic Guitar Festival is a bi-annual show - in the odd years.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop