The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-15-2021, 07:03 PM

Default New mixer -- of course a Yamaha

So my MG10XU is being used for the livestream at my church, and my MG8CX is best used as a drum mixer, my MG06X is too small for the upcoming gig my wife and I have, and the MG16XU is too big, so I went ahead and ordered an MG10XUF.

I love the ability to "shut down" a channel by muting it with the big "ON" button, like the MG16XU has.

Anyone have experience with the MG10XUF?

I have owned the MG10XU for 3 years or so. I got a used one for $150 and even after tripping over it and yanking the power cord as hard as one could imagine, it still works fine. I especially like the delay feature for thickening up vocals.

I also considered the MG12XUK, as the additional compressor channels would be nice, but I truly can use the mute/ON switch more for this particular application.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:54 PM

Hey man, I know this doesn't help but I was looking for a mixer to hook up to my Yamaha HS7 studio monitor. I use it to listen to music coming from my computer but I need to hook up my record player to it. My record player has phono out. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-15-2021, 09:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
So my MG10XU is being used for the livestream at my church, and my MG8CX is best used as a drum mixer, my MG06X is too small for the upcoming gig my wife and I have, and the MG16XU is too big, so I went ahead and ordered an MG10XUF.
It's funny but by chance I was watching some MG10XU videos tonight (I have one) and until then didn't even know the MG10XUF existed until it popped up in suggestions. Interested to hear more from anyone. The brand sure is tough and reliable. A gigging friend has an older MG10X something she's used for years, and it looks like it doubles for throwing under the tires to get out of a rut but still operates fine.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:22 PM
Charter Member

I had a 10XU and upgraded to the 12XUF - perfect for the trio I play with
Custom Emerald X20-12 guitar
Old 04-16-2021, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliend View Post
Hey man, I know this doesn't help but I was looking for a mixer to hook up to my Yamaha HS7 studio monitor. I use it to listen to music coming from my computer but I need to hook up my record player to it. My record player has phono out. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
The MG10XU or XUF would work good for you. It has a USB interface, so your computer will get a USB direct connection to the mixer, which also has phono inputs.

Another little mixer that might work well is the Yamaha AG06. Also USB with phono input. More designed for podcasting, but will meet your needs.

Last edited by YamahaGuy; 04-16-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:35 AM

Quote:

I love the ability to "shut down" a channel by muting it with the big "ON" button, like the MG16XU has.

Anyone have experience with the MG10XUF?

I have owned the MG10XU for 3 years or so. I got a used one for $150 and even after tripping over it and yanking the power cord as hard as one could imagine, it still works fine. I especially like the delay feature for thickening up vocals.

I also considered the MG12XUK, as the additional compressor channels would be nice, but I truly can use the mute/ON switch more for this particular application.
Hi Yamaha Guy,
Which delay are you using for vocals? 12, 13 or 14?
Old 04-16-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Hi Yamaha Guy,
Which delay are you using for vocals? 12, 13 or 14?
So I use the single delay #11 with the parameter knob around 10 o'clock, the level return at 12 o'clock, and the individual channel effects level at the notched 1 o'clock position.
Old 04-18-2021, 08:47 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the advice, I will check them out
Old 04-19-2021, 03:25 AM

Quote:
So I use the single delay #11 with the parameter knob around 10 o'clock, the level return at 12 o'clock, and the individual channel effects level at the notched 1 o'clock position.
Thank you. I will give that a try.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification