The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-15-2019, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Hope you can come Kev. I have not advertised this, but we do provide stable and tie stalls for anyone coming on horseback, no extra charge involved. It is Texas after all.

Tom
Hey thanks I was just having fun,,,seriously it is not in the cards this year . But I would definitely like to come at some point sound like a great time

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 11-16-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Hey thanks I was just having fun,,,seriously it is not in the cards this year . But I would definitely like to come at some point sound like a great time

Well I am sorry you can't come, not sure there will be any more following this one. I was just joking about the horse too, but if someone did come on a horse, we would make it work!!!!

Here is a sample of Frog and Toad performing last year during the Saturday evening concert:

Old 11-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Here is a sample of Frog and Toad performing last year during the Saturday evening concert:

Man I can't get enough of their tunes. Just great, beautiful melodies through and through!

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 11-18-2019, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Gotta love that guitar that Toad is playing too!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)

Last edited by Nemoman; 11-18-2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: name correction!
Old 11-19-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
Man I can't get enough of their tunes. Just great, beautiful melodies through and through!
Yes me too and many others as well. That is the main reason I thought of having Ben and Brad do a song writing workshop to maybe share how they get some of these tunes from their heads to their fingers! I hope people come and check that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Gotta love that guitar that Toad is playing too!
Yea rumor has it that Ben did not take that guitar (the Bevelbelle) home with him, some lucky, good looking guy adopted it if I recall!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

Smile F&T

Frog and Toad remain high in the rotation in my car. They really are fantastic, and lovely gentlemen too.

We had a great time last year! If you are on the fence, I say GO FOR IT!!!

This will be the guitar party of the year for 2020

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 11-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

Default Book It Now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Frog and Toad remain high in the rotation in my car. They really are fantastic, and lovely gentlemen too.

We had a great time last year! If you are on the fence, I say GO FOR IT!!!

This will be the guitar party of the year for 2020

Cheers

Paul
What Paul said!

This is an awesome event filled with good food, great music, awesome guitars, and unparalleled friendships!

Don't put it off for the future--it may not happen again after 2020!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 11-24-2019, 03:33 PM

I have put up a couple of photo albums on Facebook to show off the work of the luthiers coming next year, to try and entice some of my friends to attend. I don't know if you can see it if you aren't on FB, but here's the link to the latest album, just in case: https://www.facebook.com/stan.vansan...1080782&type=3
Old 11-24-2019, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hello again,

Just a quick update, we were informed yesterday that the hotel we reserve rooms at is about 75% full, so if you are coming and you want to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites again in Bulverde/Spring Branch, it may be best to call and set this up sooner rather than later.

Remember, this is a lake area so there are also a lot of airb&bs around also and Kathy is looking for another hotel alternative just in case.

Just FYI

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting a bunch of new folks!

Tom
As of tonight, the Hampton Inn and Suites had only one room left for the BIG dates next year. I found and reserved a 2 BR house near Canyon Lake about 2-3 miles from Spring Branch that was $40/night less than the Hampton so advise checking AirBNB and VRBO if you cannot find a hotel but do it sooner than later as Tom advises.

Tom - thinking about bringing my road bike for some early AM rides before festivities begin. Assuming this is a nice area (and hopefully) friendly for cyclists.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 11-25-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post

Tom - thinking about bringing my road bike for some early AM rides before festivities begin. Assuming this is a nice area (and hopefully) friendly for cyclists.
Road cycling is very popular in Central Texas but look for advice on best routes. There are many lightly traveled roads in the back country but country folks are not particularly patient with cyclists, in my experience. Traffic can be surprisingly heavy on roads that seem to go nowhere. I no longer cycle, so I can't give you more specific advice.

Stan
Old 11-25-2019, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

Default Canyon Lake Airbnb

The place we stayed in last year at Canyon Lake was perfect and an obvious choice for our 2020 event homebase. It was about a 10 minute or so drive from Tom and Kathy's place and quite nice!

Last edited by doodahdoug; 11-25-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:03 AM

I also grabbed an airbnb place on Canyon Lake and while hunting, noticed that vrbo.com seemed to have more listings in the area so you might look there as well.

As for biking, no roads for me but I do hope to hit this nearby mtb trail for a sweat at some point that weekend if anyone wants to join in! No idea where nearest bike rental might be but can sniff around if someone interested.

https://www.singletracks.com/bike-tr...one-trail.html

Can't wait to meet everyone and check out the goods!
Rich
'04 Martin D28
'13 Martin 0-15M Custom Mahogany
Guild F112, Takamine EC132SC, National Delphi, Blueridge BR-371, Tacoma CB105CE, Peavey EVH Special, Hohner G11M, Loar Mandolin, Uke
Old 11-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canehorn View Post
I also grabbed an airbnb place on Canyon Lake and while hunting, noticed that vrbo.com seemed to have more listings in the area so you might look there as well.

As for biking, no roads for me but I do hope to hit this nearby mtb trail for a sweat at some point that weekend if anyone wants to join in! No idea where nearest bike rental might be but can sniff around if someone interested.

Rich
Rich,

I saw that last night too so I'm bringing my mountain bike. Hope to ride that trail at least two mornings. I bought a new Stumpjumper while I was in North Carolina at the Swannanoa Guitar Gathering and got in some good rides near Bryson City on the Tsali trails while up there. Can't wait to ride this one, sounds like a lot of fun (glad I have a 29" wheel dualie to ride it!).

Cheers,

Bob
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 11-25-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
What Paul said!

This is an awesome event filled with good food, great music, awesome guitars, and unparalleled friendships!

Don't put it off for the future--it may not happen again after 2020!
SO glad you and the better half of you are coming back! Yes, who knows about 2021...need a few more sign ups to keep this alive folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
I have put up a couple of photo albums on Facebook to show off the work of the luthiers coming next year, to try and entice some of my friends to attend. I don't know if you can see it if you aren't on FB, but here's the link to the latest album, just in case: https://www.facebook.com/stan.vansan...1080782&type=3
Thanks Stan, I appreciate that immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
As of tonight, the Hampton Inn and Suites had only one room left for the BIG dates next year. I found and reserved a 2 BR house near Canyon Lake about 2-3 miles from Spring Branch that was $40/night less than the Hampton so advise checking AirBNB and VRBO if you cannot find a hotel but do it sooner than later as Tom advises.

We also have a 2 mile trail that is short, but takes you down to the river where it is quite pretty right near the house.

[QUOTE=doodahdoug;6220863]The place we stayed in last year at Canyon Lake was perfect and an obvious choice for our 2020 event homebase. It was about a 10 minute or so drive from Tom and Kathy's place and quite nice!

[QUOTE]

That is such an amazing place Doug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canehorn View Post

Rich
Sounds fantastic, I am glad there will be a couple of you who want to bike, much more likely to happen then!
Old 11-25-2019, 12:42 PM

We are actively looking for about 20 more sign ups to ensure a 2021 event. This is really a great time everyone which is why almost everyone is coming back from last year. Most who are not have a scheduling issue or they would come.

We will have WORLD class luthier built guitars to try and to buy. The best part is you will also have time to get to know the very luthiers who built the guitar, ask questions, get to know them, find someone who can build you your dream guitar and order it exactly as you want it. So many folks on the AGF say they don't have a handbuilt because they would never buy it without playing it, well this set up solves that issue completely. The Saturday evening house concert will be amazing. Last year it was magical.

Gerry Humphrey's acoustic amps are NOT to be missed, simply the best I have every heard.

Food, drink, laughs, bluebonnets, friends, music...I mean really what else is there!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop