The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 05-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Default Saw Molly Tuttle tonight...

... and believe the hype, she really is that good!

She's currently touring the UK with Rachel Baiman, both playing solo and on each other's songs. After an opening set from young local singer-songwriter Bryony Sier, Molly & Rachel did two sets, the first showcasing Rachel's work and the second being a vehicle for Molly. Both musicians showed a real understanding for each other's music and were clearly enjoying themselves and I hope that this tour can be repeated and maybe then a joint album???

Despite Molly's known association with Huss & Dalton, it seems her guitar of choice for the tour is a fairly vintage Martin D18, and boy does she make that thing sing! Tough to describe just how good she is, and how she has such strength in such delicate hands amazes me, so here are two clips of two tasty covers:

I will upload more of Molly & Rachel over the next day or so, along with some of Bryony Sier who was really quite impressive.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

She’s got a growing arsenal of guitars with her rise in the ranks - Pre-War brand, Waterloo amongst others.

She’s a sweetheart in my experience too. Met her at Fretboard Summit. She’s easily likeavle.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the videos! She's a wonderful player - I hope I get a chance to see her perform.

(I just picked up her EP, Rise.)

...and this just blows my mind:

Old 05-02-2018, 06:32 AM

Saw her a few weeks back here in Washington. Small festival. She played in the afternoon and then again in the evening. She had a great bluegrass band assembled and brought the house down with each set. She also stood at the cd counter signing CDs and talking to everyone there. Friendly, charming and gracious. Tim O'Brien headlined the event. Great day.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN