The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2019, 04:41 AM

When I was a kid I was quite happy with one guitar, as were most if not all the players I knew. I recently traded four good but not outstanding guitars for one superb D-18, and if that were to be my only guitar it would certainly be enough. I don't have the storage space, the desire or, importantly, the spare cash for multiple guitars-many of which wouldn't get played much in any case, because I'm sure many of us gravitate to the guitar we like best most of the time. In the past I was once at the point where I had to think hard about what case contained which guitar. Looking back it seems such a waste, leaving fine instruments unplayed.
I recently ordered a Guild Jumbo Junior electro for the occasional open mic and taking it where I wouldn't be too concerned about possible dings. Two is enough for me and I don't understand "too few", unless one is a working guitarist constantly swapping tunings, necessitating more than one guitar for convenience-even then it isn't as if one guitar couldn't handle it.
Too many? It isn't for me to say; if a person is happy with multiple guitars for whatever reason, be it pride of ownership or whatever, that's their choice.

Last edited by AndrewG; 05-05-2019 at 04:51 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion