The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 05:25 AM

I wanted to chime in regarding Steve Sheriff. He is not only an outstanding guitar maker as seen in the custom section of this forum, he is just as, if not more, an outstanding guy. There is nothing he will not do for you if he can and this is seen with his offer to extend the warranty of this guitar. You might think that is a common thing, but it is not.

He is a friend of mine and I am proud to call him that. He has built over a hundred guitars now and his latest stuff in phenomenal. He is moving into a bigger and better shop currently and I can't wait to see what he starts putting out next.

GLWS, this guitar is stunning.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:32 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post
Vid's / MP3's ?
Good morning! I certainly can create one. If I still have this guitar when tax season (a busy time for me) is over tomorrow, I'll create one. Thanks for the interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffnw View Post
So if this guitar is Top O' The Heap in every regard you describe, including it's rank in your current stable

why sell?

duff
duff, thank you that is a very logical question...a question I always wonder about with just about every "magnificent" guitar I see for sale...ie: why this one vs that one etc.

None of us really understand, as buyers, what is going on in a seller's mind. Heck everyone is different and often we really don't know the facts. so, in my case, I try to never acquire things that aren't crazy good, but anyone who has followed me certainly in recent months knows that I have acquired WAY too many and as a result find myself with an unexpected vacancy in my bank account due to some personal issues. Just found out yesterday of yet another year when my taxes are MUCH higher than I anticipated... This guitar, at this point is nothing more than cash flow to me until I get in a better cash position. If you ever find yourself in my spot, you'll better understand it.

So, if you want to visit with me more about this as a BUYER, pm me please and I'll provide all of the rationale for you to see this guitar as my bad luck turning into your good luck! It is a great guitar, and hopefully it goes to the right home. (SOON ha!)

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

Smile Tax season is over....

Hey Mike

I hope you can take a deep breath or two and things settle down a bit for you.

MCduffnw, from my perspective, it is easy to get to the point where WAY TOO MUCH money is tied up in guitars, which is ok until the moolah runs out. Then some just have to go, no matter how fine they are. Bills have to be paid and family comes first!

Best on this sale, and all the best to you, Mike!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 04-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Charter Member

Wow, yet another incredible, unique guitar from Mike. This one should go fast! I would very much like to own a guitar made by Steve Sheriff, and this one is super beautiful even for him. This price is cheap compared with what I think Edwinson guitars will cost in a few years.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:22 PM
AGF Sponsor

May I chime in with my $ 0.02 here? First, I'm deeply grateful for all the kind commentary here, about my guitars, and even about me... I'm blushing crimson here.

But about peoples' reasons for selling off guitars that are highly esteemed, both by the owners, and the want-to-be owners... As a guitar maker, how do I feel when I see an instrument I made being put back on the market? Short answer: I feel honored!
Because when a guitar I built some time back goes back into circulation, it becomes an emissary for the Edwinson brand. More people find out about what I'm making. And that guitar that is going to a new owner will make that person's quality of life that much better.

This question has come up a lot.
I know a lot of people who love to collect guitars; but not everyone can afford to keep a big collection of instruments. So it's always a good idea to sell some, to make room for (and to finance) new acquisitions. Not only are the people who do this spreading the joy around, they are helping us small-shop builders get our brand identity higher, and they are also finding creative ways to treat their chronic GAS!
At last count, I have nineteen Edwinson owners who came back around for a second guitar. And five of them came back again for a third one! In fact, that just happened last week with a recently sold "spec" guitar. He's already in line for a second one.

So yeah, I think this is a win/win/win situation.

Last edited by theEdwinson; 04-17-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:46 PM

I just have to chime in along with everyone else, to say that this is a stunning looking instrument! if it sounds half as good as it looks it's a killer.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Well guys, as good luck would have it there is some significant interest in this one and as such it likely will not be here tomorrow. I could be wrong but I have a pretty good sense for these things. This really doesn't surprise me at all with such a gorgeous instrument...anyone will be proud to own it.

As such, due to the positive interest I've seen, I thought I'd reach out to some of you who I know are sitting on the fence and say "speak now or ..." The blood is in the water so to speak and I need to make some decisions about this guitar's destiny soon.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
May I chime in with my $ 0.02 here? First, I'm deeply grateful for all the kind commentary here, about my guitars, and even about me... I'm blushing crimson here.

But about peoples' reasons for selling off guitars that are highly esteemed, both by the owners, and the want-to-be owners... As a guitar maker, how do I feel when I see an instrument I made being put back on the market? Short answer: I feel honored!
Because when a guitar I built some time back goes back into circulation, it becomes an emissary for the Edwinson brand. More people find out about what I'm making. And that guitar that is going to a new owner will make that person's quality of life that much better.

This question has come up a lot.
I know a lot of people who love to collect guitars; but not everyone can afford to keep a big collection of instruments. So it's always a good idea to sell some, to make room for (and to finance) new acquisitions. Not only are the people who do this spreading the joy around, they are helping us small-shop builders get our brand identity higher, and they are also finding creative ways to treat their chronic GAS!
At last count, I have nineteen Edwinson owners who came back around for a second guitar. And five of them came back again for a third one! In fact, that just happened last week with a recently sold "spec" guitar. He's already in line for a second one.

So yeah, I think this is a win/win/win situation.

I rest my case....(see my previous post for clarification). Love ya Steve!
Old 04-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Sold!! You fence sitters should have listened. Now you gotta listen to your neighbor playing YOUR guitar!

Last edited by invguy921; 04-17-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

Wow! That is one remarkable instrument. Had I not just bought your Clapton and had the tax man knocking all in the same week I may have been one of those fence guys. Congrats on your quick sale! I'm on the edge of my chair right now waiting for Layla to arrive tomorrow!!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:05 PM

Default Current cost?

Wish I would have seen this one... Anyone know what it would cost make a similar guitar? Its stunningly beautiful.

Thanks,
Daniel
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars