The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-10-2009, 02:33 PM

Default How do you post tabs?

I'm trying to post something that has guitar tab in it and it is formatted in MS Word. When I look at the preview, the tabs are not right; some strings are "offset" from the others.

This is a problem since it makes chords look like notes that are played successively rather than all at once. There seems to be a problem since some of my string names are capitals, some small, one has a sharp and one has an apostrophe.

Suggestions?
Old 12-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Try copy and pasting it into notepad. I think that MS Word doesn't use uniform type which causes uneven spacing and what not. Maybe I just rushed into this too fast though and didn't read it well enough... only time will tell.

Good Deals List

Gear
4x12 Bluesbreaker style G12H-30's
'73 Marshall Superlead in Tweed
Agile Cool Cat Prestige
Fender Strat
MIJ es335 Replica
Old 12-10-2009, 04:39 PM

why don't you download powertab ? it's an easy software o write our own tabs and trascriptions...
It's free and easy to use.
www.acousticpower.com
Download in your pc e then you have also a midi feedbak of your notes, their durations..
hope it is useful for your project.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Well, somehow I did it. Like you said, it has to do with the uniform type. I'm sure I could have done it more than one way.

Thanks live-i-evil, your advice sent me along the right path!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:05 AM

Change the font to Courier New.

e|-------13-----|-------12-----|-------10-----|------8----|------5----|------3----|---3/1---|
B|--------------|--------------|--------------|-----------|-----------|-----------|---------|
G|----14----14--|----12----12--|----10----10--|----9---9--|----5---5--|----4---4--|---4/2---|
D|--0-----------|--0-----------|--0-----------|--0--------|--0--------|--0--------|---------| x2
A|--------------|--------------|--------------|-----------|-----------|-----------|---------|
E|--------------|--------------|--------------|-----------|-----------|-----------|---------|

e|----------------------------|--0-----------------|
B|----------------------------|-----3--3-----------|
G|----------------------------|-----------2-----2--|
D|----------------0---3b---0--|--------------0-----|
A|--0---0---3b----------------|--------------------|
E|----------------------------|--------------------|

Very often, to line up the chords, you have to space them with .... or ----. You may have to preview and adjust a few times, even using Courier New.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write