The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-14-2018, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frettingflyer View Post
Thank you Captain, and I bet you are right about the Martin forum
As for CF GAS, I have had a bad case of it! I really enjoy the CF tone as well but when I get home from a trip I usually turn to my Taylor 812ce 12fret for the most satisfying tone in my lineup. However, the CF guitars I have all sound fantastic as well, so I am blessed.
I get that. I do like the sound and feel of those Taylor Grand Concerts. Alas, I have a 522ce 12-fret that hasn't been getting much attention thanks to the Emeralds... time to make some room. Nice to have options.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:00 AM

I enjoy my Lonestar X-20, however, I can not give up on wood, I mean really?

kinnaird maple 2.jpg

kinnaird maple.jpg

There is enough love in the world for both CF and Wood!!!
Old 06-14-2018, 07:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post

Attachment 9856

Attachment 9857

Whoa! I hope you keep a fire extinguisher near that guitar... that be some serious flame!
Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

That is a pure work of art TomB'sox ! What a stunner. Keeping with the posts...I love my CF guitars, but it is a big treat when I play the SCGC D-12. If I could only have one..that would be it. A little variation now and then is a good thing.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:

Attachment 9856

Attachment 9857

Who made that?? Wow, that is some gorgeous wood! Glad we can mix CF and wood, guess we are just socially accepting here in the CF section
Old 06-14-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frettingflyer View Post
Who made that?? Wow, that is some gorgeous wood! Glad we can mix CF and wood, guess we are just socially accepting here in the CF section

Thanks everyone, like I said I love my carbon fiber but I don't know that I could ever abandon wood that can look like this. That was made by Steve kinnaird. I got it used and can't believe the original owner ever gave it up. It is as stunning sounding as it is looking.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Pretty! Quilted maple? No reason a person can't love both. I have a dream... that one day the guitar players of the world will embrace carbon fiber and wood... and no one will have to say, "Mine is better than yours"... and we will all make sweet music with the guitars (note: plural) of our choice and all the little children of the world will hold hands and sing in harmony.

Sorry, I got carried away. Pretty guitars do that to me. Carry on.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:12 PM
Guest 928

YES! And all the little children will have way-cool guitars under the Christmas trees, with free lessons!
Old 06-15-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Pretty! Quilted maple? No reason a person can't love both. I have a dream... that one day the guitar players of the world will embrace carbon fiber and wood... and no one will have to say, "Mine is better than yours"... and we will all make sweet music with the guitars (note: plural) of our choice and all the little children of the world will hold hands and sing in harmony.

Sorry, I got carried away. Pretty guitars do that to me. Carry on.

I feel a warmth come over me when I read your post, my quilted maple sings out as though still growing in a sun filled forest with a little baby bunny sitting at its roots nibbling on fresh spring grass as a butterfly floats by among the rays of warm sun. I just want to reach through the dark expanse of the internet with loving arms and give you a big hug to show my love for you, CF, and maple. I think the world is a cruel and harsh lover that we can make better through the union of CF and wood worlds. Peace my brother
Old 06-15-2018, 07:40 AM
Charter Member

Geesh...I felt like I was riding a unicorn over a rainbow while reading that. While playing a cf guitar of course.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

More disturbing news for the Martin... After playing almost nothing but the X20 with it's custom 'Alistair V neck' carve, I grabbed the Martin last night and the stock Martin mod V felt way too thick! No I'm thinking that maybe it's time to order a second custom Emerald... that newly redesigned X7 maybe with matching neck carve/scale and a nice cocobolo woody top? A little sister to the big girl X20... Hmmm.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
More disturbing news for the Martin... After playing almost nothing but the X20 with it's custom 'Alistair V neck' carve, I grabbed the Martin last night and the stock Martin mod V felt way too thick! No I'm thinking that maybe it's time to order a second custom Emerald... that newly redesigned X7 maybe with matching neck carve/scale and a nice cocobolo woody top? A little sister to the big girl X20... Hmmm.
If you're looking for a chorus of people to encourage a guitar purchase, let me lead the parade... Buy it! You're reasoning is sound. A new X7 will bring much joy and happiness to not only yourself, but to all those around you.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I love my X7... and it is a "vintage" model (a bit over 2 years now), not the cool new "better in every way" X7. It is a delight to play whether on the couch, sitting outside the motorhome, or plugged in kickin' it. I see no downside to having an X7 to compliment your X20... well, your Martin may not agree with me.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:29 PM

I have two guitar racks with a sofa between them. Wood acoustics in one and CF and electrics in the other. If they can’t see each other no fights break out.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 06-20-2018, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

Smile A message to believe in!

Quote:
I feel a warmth come over me when I read your post, my quilted maple sings out as though still growing in a sun filled forest with a little baby bunny sitting at its roots nibbling on fresh spring grass as a butterfly floats by among the rays of warm sun. I just want to reach through the dark expanse of the internet with loving arms and give you a big hug to show my love for you, CF, and maple. I think the world is a cruel and harsh lover that we can make better through the union of CF and wood worlds. Peace my brother
Well put Brother Tom! Hahahahaha..

I am in love with my John Kinnaird guitars, but am seriously tempted by these new X-30s! Big guitars that feel smaller. That's what I want.

Cheers
Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber