The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-31-2000, 05:27 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Question C.Fox Guitars

Greetings! Has anyone ever played a C.Fox guitar? I just checked out the virtual tour here: http://www.cfoxguitars.com/tour.html

I have to say that I'm very impressed by the immaculate work that goes into these guitars. Any comments on them would be appreciated.

Thanks
J.R.
Old 11-01-2000, 11:34 AM

I played a CFOX at Mandolin Bros. OM sized. I concur with your findings regarding the construction and finish details; it was a beautiful guitar.

I compared it to Goodall, Lowden and Santa Cruz guitars of similar size and for me it did not have the richness or complexity of voice which I listen for; the kind of sound I find in the aformentioned brands across all their models.

The CFOX was clear and focused. Just not my sound. I played a Flammang that same day, a smaller bodied guitar, and I found it to be much more alive to my ears.

Marc Durso

------------------
Goodall / Thompson
http://communities.msn.com/Handmadeguitars for pics of my guitars
www.acttrue.com
Old 11-01-2000, 11:46 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Thanks for the info, Mark. I suppose I'll have to find one to play.. but nobody carries them around here. I could always buy one from a dealer with a decent return policy, and if I absolutely don't like it...

Any other comments?
J.R.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification