The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-28-2019, 01:20 AM

I am a huge martin fan but agree you pay more just because of the name. But Im ok with that, theyve been around a long time and more or less wrote the book on flat tops so have earned the right to charge a premium IMHO.

I really like the blueridge, considering one for my next purchase as there is a dealer not too far from me.

How is the neck profile on the BR341? Is it a V profile and fairly chunky?

I agree for your style of play the martin is a much better match. Difficult to compare these two particular guitars as their composition is so different. Most of the time I find rosewood is a better fit on smaller bodies.

1934 Gibson Kalamazoo KG11

www.reverbnation.com/jamesascott

Last edited by Fresh1985; 09-28-2019 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:00 AM
Charter Member

I went through something similar last year. I had stumbled into a Sigma OMR-21 at GC and it was a really nice guitar for the very low price.

About a year later, in the same GC, I found a Custom Shop OM-18. It was expensive but for what it is, it was a bargain.

Of course, the Martin was a better guitar than the Sigma copy, but it wasn't 7 times better. At first, I couldn't part with the Sigma, but as time went on I found that I didn't like the sound of the Sigma anymore so I finally sold it.

So the Martin cost a lot more but to me, that price difference was worth it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion