The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-18-2019, 12:34 PM

Default Adding Second, Non Visible Acoustic Pickup? Suggestions?

I know i've been asking a lot of questions here, I'm revamping my live setup a bit, it was bare bones before.

So the guitar is a Yamaha LL16, it has a passive piezo pickup which is actually pretty decent. I have a BBE Acoustimax I just very recently picked up. Because I like trying different things I've been interested in picking up a mixer pedal where I can blend/combine two channels (ie, two pickups from my guitar) into the BBE and then into the PA system.
I've considered sound hole single coil and humbucking pickups but from my experience they don't really shine, I feel they don't really pickup a good sense of the acoustic sound but it you have one of those sound hole pickups you've had good experience with please let me know, I'll look into it.

But what I'm thinking is adding some sort of active (or passive) pickup to the guitar, as long as it's not a visible preamp. I draw the line there, if I want a visible preamp on the side of my guitar I'll buy a Tak (which I'm considering in a couple years) or a Yamaha A3R or something.
The thing is are most acoustic pickups mounted under saddle? Because I'd like to keep the piezo thats in there and use it to combine with something else.

Any suggestions or more information would be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:46 PM

I think a ToneDexter, rather than a second pickup, would be a better next purchase.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 07-19-2019, 07:13 PM

Simple, the latest version of the Fishman Matrix Infinity Mic Blend.
All hidden controls around the edge of the sound hole, pre-amp is part of the cable jack assembly, blendable between the piezo and mic, plus, using a TRS cable to a suitable mixer, you can split the signals and mix them separately.
https://www.fishman.com/products/ser...ity-mic-blend/
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification