The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 02:14 PM

Default Breedlove American Series

Hello everyone. This is my first post to AGF, though I have read some of the threads for a while. I am a long time dreadnought flat picker who is looking for a nice rosewood guitar smaller than a dread. My current main guitar is a Collings D2H I have owned and played for about 20 years. It is a fantastic guitar. My dilemma is that I compare the OMs and 000s I play to it, and they pale. I know I won't find dread power in a small body, but I want to get as close as possible. If money was no object, I would just go buy a smaller Collings, but I need to stay around 2000-3000. I have played a Breedlove American that was good, but I didn't like the cutaway and aging toner all over. Any thoughts on the Breedlove Americans? I know resell could be a problem.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

Hi Flatpick... welcome to the AGF! I'm sure others can help you with the Breedlove question. Why not consider a used Collings OM or 000? You could easily get one of those in your price range.

Good luck with the hunt.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:42 PM

Default Welcome!

Hi FlatpickD!

Welcome to the forums!

If you'd prefer a 000 or OM and don't think they can keep up with a dread, look for a 000 or OM by David Webber.

I have a 000-12 fret and it's an amazing instrument. There are a few around, I think there's an OM for sale here on AGF.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:51 PM

Thanks for the advice. I am considering a 000 12 fret. Actually played a Wechter that sounds great for the money, but the 1 7/8 nut put me off, since am used to the 1 11/16.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:24 PM

You should be able to find a Breedlove American without the cutaway. Great guitars for the money.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
12 fret acoustic, breedlove, small body guitar