The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-13-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
Not sure what you are doing? I think the FX send and return is for the pedal and would effect both pickups? I think you would have to split the stereo cable and but the pedal on the one pickup and then into your Dtar. Probably good just to let effect both using the insertion jacks.
I guess I would think letting the Solstice split the signal and then isolating the BodyRez to just the channel with the UST output going through the Solstice FX send/return would be better than splitting the stereo signal with a cord and then running one mono signal into the BodyRez and then back into the Solstice and the other signal going into the second channel of the Solstice. Basically I am saying I'd trust the Solstice to do a better job (cleanly without loss of volume) splitting the stereo signal than just a stereo to dual mono cables to do the task. Not to mention now I have 2 full length cables to deal with running out of my guitar which I'd rather avoid like the plague.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:01 PM

So, I guess I am confused. In what way does the Body Rez improve the K&K? Are you saying that your K&K equipped Bourgeois was quacky even with a RedEye? Or are you saying it did not have good string to string balance which the Body Rez improved?

Hi, Steve (El Conq) I view the Body Rez as a preamp that smooths out and eq's the sound of the pickup. The K&K is bass-heavy by nature, and with very little adjustment, I found the amplified guitar sound natural, even and balanced, moreso than the sound with the Red-Eye preamp (which I still like very much.)

I read nothing about the Body Rez until I found 5 Body Rez settings with adjustments in the TC Helicon Play Acoustic I received for Christmas.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

In the videos I saw here, the volume goes way down when you step on the BodyRez pedal.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:09 AM
Charter Member

haven't had that experience of volume drop with the bodyrez.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:58 PM

Nor have I. I think the only video I've seen so far is the one on the TC Electronic site, and I didn't notice any volume drop in that.

I had a chance to try mine out on the Ibanez last night. I'm still figuring out the settings, and how it's different from the sound without it.

Also looking forward to trying it with my Fender Villager 12-string. The Villager has a Fishman Isys III in it.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:08 PM

Default BodyRez

I use TCH's BodyRez in the PlayAcoustic, VoiceLive 3 and VoiceLive 3 Extreme.

As long as I'm sending a clean acoustic guitar into any of the units, the BodyRez (1-5) AmpMod sounds great on the Martin XC1T. The moment I put an effect on the guitar before the PlayAcoustic or VL3/x, I have to start making changes, typically moving external effects after the BodyRez (TCH) effect.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:37 AM

The BodyRez pedal seems useless to me because there's nothing that it does that cannot be done with some EQ adjustment. All pickup systems need EQing anyway (USTs, SBTs, etc.).
Old 01-19-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion01 View Post
Is there a way to have this Bodyrez pedal only effect the UST piezo and not a SBT like a K&K mini if you only have a single stereo output?
Since you are using a Solstice you can use the insert of the channel where you want to apply the effect. The FX send and return will add the effect to both channels of the Solstice.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tochiro View Post
The BodyRez pedal seems useless to me because there's nothing that it does that cannot be done with some EQ adjustment. All pickup systems need EQing anyway (USTs, SBTs, etc.).
The original question was about who is using one, not who thinks it's "useless."

But I suppose the saying we have in the USA that compares opinions to a certain body part ("everyone's got one") can apply either way.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lampton View Post
Since you are using a Solstice you can use the insert of the channel where you want to apply the effect. The FX send and return will add the effect to both channels of the Solstice.
Thanks I will try that since I just received the Solstice, but I don't have a guitar yet that has 2 output signals yet. Need to get a K&K Trinity Pro next.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tochiro View Post
It's not just EQ; it also adds compression and reflections to the signal, all parameters of which have been carefully applied in the context of a typical UST output signal.

And, more to the point, it works really quite well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification