The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr81dorn View Post
Can someone with one actually tell me the depth of the body at the neck joint and the endpin?
At neck joint - 3 9/16 inches
At end pin - 4 inches
At about even with the bridge - 4 1/16 inches
Old 03-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sims View Post
At neck joint - 3 9/16 inches
At end pin - 4 inches
At about even with the bridge - 4 1/16 inches
Thanks Bill. It's been hard to track down anything other than "slimmer" or "shallow".

That's real close to 000 type depths, making it in the same wheelhouse as the D16e Martin did a couple years back or is doing on the Dread Jr now.

I just gotta play one, but these seem like the dread for guys who hate dreads...or dare I say the dread for guys who dread dreads.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Gr8- I’m a dread guy and loved it. I actually didn’t pay attention to the thinner body till I was putting it away. I could see it being appealing to guys that have shoulder issues. The guitar apparently is “thick” enough cause it has a full size dread sound to me...
Old 03-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Very nice! I have the J-45 Studio as well but with the natural finish. It’s a great guitar!

Old 03-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcamp View Post
Gr8- I’m a dread guy and loved it. I actually didn’t pay attention to the thinner body till I was putting it away. I could see it being appealing to guys that have shoulder issues. The guitar apparently is “thick” enough cause it has a full size dread sound to me...
Glad the sound is there. I need the comfort. I've sold off pretty much all my big guitars because I simply can't play them very long without misery, but I love my OMs and 000 sizes and I think it's the depth that is key. I've hated to the two deep-body 00's I've had, so the depth certainly matters.

Gotta get my hands on one.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr81dorn View Post
Glad the sound is there. I need the comfort. I've sold off pretty much all my big guitars because I simply can't play them very long without misery, but I love my OMs and 000 sizes and I think it's the depth that is key. I've hated to the two deep-body 00's I've had, so the depth certainly matters.

Gotta get my hands on one.
I had a D-18, and absolutely loved it. It just started to feel uncomfortable to play out when compared to my other gig guitar, a Larrivee OM-03R. The J45 Studio still feels very much like a dread to me, but is much nicer to play strapped on than the D-18, at least for me. I have not been at all disappointed in the sound - and I have primarily been a dread guy for years.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:44 AM

I bought one of these today and I totally love it!
#2 Pencil
Various Scraps of Paper
Old 07-09-2019, 09:22 AM

I have one too with an amazing walnut back design. I played a dozen or so and found one with the fullest sound. It is an amazing guitar that is a joy to play and has a well balanced sound while retaining the Gibson sound

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion