The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-23-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Hi Dave, I tried the K&K with a Red Eye preamp. That preamp is well regarded and is supposed to have an ideal impedance for the K&K., ...like 1M ohm as you suggested.

Many say the RedEye should be a great match for the K&K. I didn't think it sounded much different. I love the preamp nonetheless. Very clean sound, great effects loop and the clean boost is superb. But it did not make the K&K equipped guitar sound even close to my D-18 that has a Baggs Anthem. The K&K still sounded muddy and lacking air and detail (to my ears).

I also used the K&K a Fishman Platinum Pro EQ preamp. I believe the input impedance on that is 1M Ohm or greater. It should have been good with the K&K also. The preamp has great onboard EQ. Again, I was unable to make the K&K sound anywhere near as good as the Baggs Anthem in a lesser guitar.
The Fishman was not a great match for the K&K. And, the Redeye wasn't my favorite either. I think the only way to get what you would want out of K&K would be with ToneDexter. Absent that, you should consider another option like HFN or Dazzo, etc. You know what you like, and this ain't it. LOL

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification