The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-04-2023, 10:10 AM

Default GHS Muriel Anderson signature strings

Hi all,

just wanted to share my experience with these strings from GHS.

I typically use D'Addario EJ46 on my Godin, which are great strings also. I must say though that this set from GHS really is something. Intonation is spot on (as are the D'Addarios), which has been an issue with some other sets, especially with carbon trebles.

The set is very balanced, with the trebles being perhaps a little snappier than regular clear nylon like the EJ46. To me, that is a good thing, but YMMV of course. They settled quickly after stringing. One thing that I find a bit strange is when I pick my guitar up and tune it as I always do (always go flat in the case right) then the treble strings go sharp after a few minutes and I have to retune once more. After that they are very stable though.

I have postponed stringing this set as the GHS Doyle Dykes set left me underwhelmed, that was really not for me. And I am a huge fan of Doyle Dykes! The Muriel set though is completely different, and suits me very well.

I am a fingerstyle/thumbpicker wannabe, I have no idea how these strings would suit classical players so take that into account also.

No affiliation either with GHS strings or Stringsbymail, but since the latter is a forum sponsor:

https://www.stringsbymail.com/ghs-ma...-set-2328.html

Martin OM-28V
Yamaha FSX3
Godin Arena Pro CW Bourbon Burst
Manuel Rodriguez Magistral D-C
EBS Stanley Clarke Sig. Acoustic Pre
Alto TX210 powered speaker

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical