The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 01-21-2023, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

A little behind in my reading and just seing this. Congrats Scott, happy for you and Charmed Life!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 01-26-2023, 05:56 PM
AGF Sponsor

We just got in some new photos of our re-introduced cabernet casein triangles. These are soooo beautiful, and also sound incredible. Thanks for looking....

Old 02-16-2023, 12:35 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for looking...

Old 02-16-2023, 02:45 PM

Default They left one brand out...

My choice leans towards V-Picks, but which one? They have almost 100 varieties, but they all are made of a Lexan-like material that doesn't wear out and naturally sticks to even my dry fingertips. I don' think I've ever dropped one. The sound depends on thickness, profile and bevel, so they're not well-suited to a single review. At an average $5 each, you could try them all. I got my first, a clear medium triangle, at Gruen Guitars, with their logo inscribed, and I still think it's my favorite.
- Tacoma EK36C (ancient cedar Little Jumbo, '01, #145/150)
- Seagull SWS Maritime Mini Jumbo ('16)
- Simon & Patrick Pro Folk Rosewood ('01)
- Godin Montreal Premiere Supreme
- Ibanez Mikro Bass
Old 02-17-2023, 03:29 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
My choice leans towards V-Picks, but which one? They have almost 100 varieties, but they all are made of a Lexan-like material that doesn't wear out and naturally sticks to even my dry fingertips. I don' think I've ever dropped one. The sound depends on thickness, profile and bevel, so they're not well-suited to a single review. At an average $5 each, you could try them all. I got my first, a clear medium triangle, at Gruen Guitars, with their logo inscribed, and I still think it's my favorite.
Bird, howdy howdy, thanks for your post. Vinny does a heckuva job at V-Picks, and is really the first (and longest-lasting) boutique pick company, the original guy.

You might be surprised (shocked) at the difference in sound between Acrylic and Casein, for instance. If you look at the artist page of any Acrylic pick seller, you will see tons of raves from electric players, but almost nothing from acoustic players. Most acoustic folks find Acrylic very scratchy and screechy across the strings. But to each their own.

Thanks Again,
sm
Old 02-21-2023, 12:10 AM
AGF Sponsor

Hope everyone is doing well. We're having a heckuva fun time here in 2023.

Scott
Old 03-01-2023, 10:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

We had our best February ever last month. We're so grateful for your support through the years. On July 1st, we enter our eighth year in bus.

Below are two of our best sellers. The sea turtle model below is a fundraiser for preservation of the Hawksbill Sea Turtle, the most endangered ocean-going turtle in the world. The $50.00 purchase price includes free shipping and a $10 donation to sea turtle preservation nonprofits. Last month we raised $140, and our donation total since the program began is closing in on $500.00. This is not a spot promotion, but an ongoing effort by Charmed Life Picks to raise thousands of dollars over time. To the best of my knowledge, we are the only company in the music industry addressing this problem.

You will find this model at the very top of our online store page: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

Another very popular model is our artisan cabernet casein series. This stunning material is a world-wide exclusive to Charmed Life Picks. We spent almost half a decade searching for it, then finally found a few sheets halfway around the world and DHL'd it poste haste to California. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 03-01-2023 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
We had our best February ever last month. We're so grateful for your support through the years. On July 1st, we enter our eighth year in bus.

Below are two of our best sellers. The sea turtle model below is a fundraiser for preservation of the Hawksbill Sea Turtle, the most endangered ocean-going turtle in the world. The $50.00 purchase price includes free shipping and a $10 donation to sea turtle preservation nonprofits. Last month we raised $140, and our donation total since the program began is closing in on $500.00. This is not a spot promotion, but an ongoing effort by Charmed Life Picks to raise thousands of dollars over time. To the best of my knowledge, we are the only company in the music industry addressing this problem.

You will find this model at the very top of our online store page: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

Another very popular model is our artisan cabernet casein series. This stunning material is a world-wide exclusive to Charmed Life Picks. We spent almost half a decade searching for it, then finally found a few sheets halfway around the world and DHL'd it poste haste to California. You won't be disappointed.

I was one of those February customers, looking forward to trying it out.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:41 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for your continued support. We had a record year last year, and 2023 will far surpass it. Check us out and see what all the buzz is about.

CLP offers more high-end materials under one roof than any other pick company in the industry. And we are one of only two companies in the world offering DuPont Vespel polyimide picks. We make everything in-house here in our shop in Los Angeles. Nothing is farmed out to other companies.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 03-14-2023 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:32 AM
AGF Sponsor

We've been so busy that I haven't posted all month in Marketeplace. We had a record first quarter, and we're at the tail end of a very strong April. Much to be grateful for.

Just wanted to bump this one. We enjoy promoting our own line of course, but I enjoy just as much promoting other vendors in the category. What we do is difficult, and believe it or not none of us make a lot of money doing this. It's more for love than profit.

But I ain't complaining,

scott memmer
Old 05-02-2023, 05:28 PM
AGF Sponsor

Geez, after eight years I think I might actually make a nickel or two in this business.

We're coming off a record first quarter, followed by our best April better, and now you folks have inundated us with a blast of orders in the first two days. I guess we must be doing something right.

Just goes to show: If you stick around long enough, people will start to think you're legitimate.

Huh.

scott memmer
Old 05-02-2023, 05:47 PM

Hey Scott, that's great! Well done.
2021 Furch Yellow Gc-CR MC FOR SALE
2023 Hatcher Greta
Old 05-16-2023, 07:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rule18 View Post
Hey Scott, that's great! Well done.
Craig, thank you kindly. After seven+ years we might actually make a nickel or two in this business.

But I still love it.

sm
Old 06-02-2023, 12:47 AM
AGF Sponsor

Boy, we've been flooded with orders the last two months. We just reopened our store after a long closure, just so we could catch up on all the orders already in house.

Thanks Much,
Scott
Old 06-07-2023, 01:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hope you're having a good day.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace