The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-16-2019, 09:01 AM

That was fast. One more and you might have a Halloween hat trick. Congratulations.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 10-16-2019, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Thanks for getting my meaning; maybe it's because we have the same name. Let me clarify a bit more. What do you think would be the best Emerald guitar to complement my black X20???
Tough call! You started right with going the X20. That's the Swiss Army Knife of the Emerald lineup. After that it depends on your wants/needs and what you would do with it. For me it would be an X7 for comfort/fun/travel. But if you're an electric guy than an X10 would be the way to go. Or, if you're a guy that plays live with others but unplugged then the big tone/volume of the X30 would be the way to go. But for me it would be an X7.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Tough call! You started right with going the X20. That's the Swiss Army Knife of the Emerald lineup. After that it depends on your wants/needs and what you would do with it. For me it would be an X7 for comfort/fun/travel. But if you're an electric guy than an X10 would be the way to go. Or, if you're a guy that plays live with others but unplugged then the big tone/volume of the X30 would be the way to go. But for me it would be an X7.
I've got a Rainsong CH-PA for travel, but I'm really a large guitar guy. I thought about the X30 and could see one of those as a third Emerald down the road, but the X20-12 seemed like a perfect companion for my X20. As for fancy veneers and options, I'm real ok with the factory stock options with black weave...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 10-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Charter Member

Wow, that was quick! But a more perfect companion to a black 6-string X20 I cannot imagine... I hope you enjoy it.

And if you're really a "big guitar" guy, to me an X30 down the line becomes a no-brainer. You could probably find one in black... It's size is the one thing really holding me back from getting an X30 someday. I'm gonna have to play one to see if I'd be comfortable with that big a guitar. But I'm about 99.9% sure I'd love the sound of that guitar - unless it's also too big. I'm not playing in big rooms for lots of people, mostly in my condo for myself, my wife, and occasionally some friends/family. So volume isn't a need. It's usually not a problem either, but I guess if it's loud enough it could be...

-Ray
Old 10-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Here we go again (3:23)....

(3:23) I thought that was mine (looking from a small screen), Black and he said Joel, but then said Charlottesville, not me and mine is a X10. @12:10 there is a black X10 w/Level 3 but doesnt say who. I guess I have to wait for shipping confirmation.
Emerald X10 Black Level 3
Old 10-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_man View Post
(3:23) I thought that was mine (looking from a small screen), Black and he said Joel, but then said Charlottesville, not me and mine is a X10. @12:10 there is a black X10 w/Level 3 but doesnt say who. I guess I have to wait for shipping confirmation.
My first name is Joel. Kevin said that it would ship first thing today, but I have yet to receive shipping confirmation either. Maybe it's an Irish holiday...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber