The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

Default Emerald Specs

Someone recently posted some specs for various Emerald guitars. Try as I might, I can't find it.

It's been an unspeakably disgusting day here in our corner of Minnesota, so, being terminally bored, I put this together for the current range, in, perhaps, a more usable format.

If you want metric, I could be persuaded
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Emerald.jpg (26.1 KB, 81 views)
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 10-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Guest 928

Eatswodo;

Nice service work!

If you are still bored, you might add Emerald 7s and 10s to the list of nylons.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Charter Member

Default Wiht

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Eatswodo;

Nice service work!

If you are still bored, you might add Emerald 7s and 10s to the list of nylons.
I’d be delighted to - if Emerald offered either of those as standard models with published specs. Otherwise, I’d just be guessing
Cordoba Stage

Old 10-05-2019, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

You might have been referring to this? The only advantage being it includes the older model X7 and may be a bit easier to read. But doesn't cover some of the more specialized models that you do. So probably not adding much, but if it helps, here it is:

Emerald Comparisons by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray
Old 10-05-2019, 07:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
You might have been referring to this? The only advantage being it includes the older model X7 and may be a bit easier to read. But doesn't cover some of the more specialized models that you do. So probably not adding much, but if it helps, here it is:

Emerald Comparisons by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray
Thanks, Ray - I thought it was you, but darned if I could find it.
Cordoba Stage

Old 10-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Guest 928

This is really nice stuff--thanks for taking the time to bring it forward. I would think that this is the sort of thing Alistair would want on his site, a clear concise measurement of the various models.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
This is really nice stuff--thanks for taking the time to bring it forward. I would think that this is the sort of thing Alistair would want on his site, a clear concise measurement of the various models.
You’re welcome - it was precisely because I couldn’t find a side-by-side comparison on the website that I followed Ray’s lead by putting the data into a spreadsheet. All the data came from Emerald, of course.
Cordoba Stage

Old 10-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
You’re welcome - it was precisely because I couldn’t find a side-by-side comparison on the website that I followed Ray’s lead by putting the data into a spreadsheet. All the data came from Emerald, of course.
I didn't put it in a spreadsheet. Somewhere along the line I found or someone sent me a JPEG file with that, or maybe it was a PDF and I made a jpeg so I could put it on flickr and share it. I didn't make it - it just showed up one day from a place I have no memory of.

I found it really useful so have shared it here a couple-few times. I think the place you saw it recently was in someone's for sale post (which I also don't remember). I still seem to always at least look at the Emerald for sale posts - don't know why, I'm not in the market, I think it's just a sickness. But someone asked him a question and he didn't have the information readily available but I did, so I posted it in his thread...

I like your's better - it's more comprehensive But for whatever reason I couldn't seem to get it into a big enough format to read easily... But, yeah, Alistair should have something like this up, although it's easy enough for find the specs for current guitars on the individual guitars. I think someone may have sent me this when I was thinking about the old and new X7 and trying to see just how different they were. And the Emerald site obviously doesn't have the specs for any of their old, discontinued, guitars. So that was what I found most useful about it.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

I’ll see if I can pump up the size a bit - it was just a screen grab off my Mac.

This should be better - and it's clickable, which will make it even larger.

Cordoba Stage

Last edited by David Eastwood; 10-06-2019 at 10:34 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber