The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 05-24-2016, 08:03 PM

I just got this work bench last week from Harbor Freight. Solid wood except for the drawer sides, bottoms, partitions, and shelf. $139! I'd be hard presses to find the side clamp, bench dogs, and drawer slides for that, let alone the wood, and time! Amazingly, even the drawer fronts lined up well once assembled with no adjustment (though they are not adjustable). I did add four rubber anti-shock feet for leveling. Here's an artsy shot:

A few hand planes, drill press vice, Milwaukee 12V FUEL brushless motor drill, drill bit set, tape...

Some chisels and cutting tools:

Measuring and layout stuff:

Assorted fretting and drilling stuff:

Files, rasps, and saws:
Old 05-24-2016, 08:06 PM

A sickness of mine - endmill fetish:

A rule I learned: If you think you need N clamps, you really need N + 1 clamps. But once you satisfy N + 1, you find you really need N + 2...

A view of my shelves, showing more clamps, some other tools I use, some wood storage...
Old 11-18-2018, 04:11 PM

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread, as it has some pics I no longer have of some of my former jigs, in particular the semi-automatic proportional archtop jig... which seems to confuse many with how it actually works. The CNC had made it defunct. But for those without a CNC and want to make top arches are truly proportional along every axis, without guesswork, or mindless cutting and grinding of stairsteps or rice terraces, I think it's the way to go.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair