The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-11-2019, 08:29 AM

Default Octave pedals for acoustic guitar

Yes, with just the magnetic pickup it is better, but I love the sound of a little mic mixed in. The young guy in the video sets the top note lower than me so that he’s just getting the the doubling of the low note in his chords. It sounds really good when he does it.

I do a lot of thumb bass lines and I have trouble with the notes coming and going when I set the top. One too low, and low chord notes being doubled when I set it to high. I would have to completely Chang a lot of my arrangements to make it work.

I would also have change pickups (from Schertler AG6 to Fishman REB) and add a stereo cable and mixer at the end. That would let me add the bass doubling to just the magnetic pickup. Right now I enjoy walking into many jobs with just my guitar and a mic.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I would also have change pickups (from Schertler AG6 to Fishman REB) and add a stereo cable and mixer at the end. That would let me add the bass doubling to just the magnetic pickup.
Yes that's what I do. I have an REB and a K&K which are mixed separately on my pedalboard, only the mag goes the OC3.

"The way nature seems to work is that it sends a messenger...the acoustic guitar needed to go in another direction, Michael Hedges became that messenger"
Tommy Emmanuel
Old 01-15-2019, 02:13 PM

OC 3 as well.
Only on the magnetic pickup.

Mike Dawes, Jon Gomm style :-)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification