The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-26-2021, 04:13 PM

Default Arturia audiofuse studio

I was just at the Guitar Center near me and got a sales pitch on this sound interface system that appears to have almost unlimited inputs and will beat the socks off my Focusrite 2i2 regarding abilities it has. I want to replace the Focusrite since I am limited to only 2 inputs. Is it that good and is it easy and understandable to use?
Old 11-26-2021, 04:59 PM

I don't know anything about it, but I just looked it up and it looks cool. They certainly seem to have thought of just about everything with it.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I don't know anything about it, but I just looked it up and it looks cool. They certainly seem to have thought of just about everything with it.
Thats kind of what I think barring any negative feedback that I have, so far, not been able to find. And Guitar center has them on sale with 15% off of the lowest price you can find on the internet!
Old 11-26-2021, 08:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestubbyone View Post
I was just at the Guitar Center near me and got a sales pitch on this sound interface system that appears to have almost unlimited inputs...
Not sure what the salesman was telling you but the unit has 18 in and 20 out according to the Arturia website.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 11-26-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
Not sure what the salesman was telling you but the unit has 18 in and 20 out according to the Arturia website.
And just 4 mic preamps. Still two more than a Scarlett 2i2, but with those plus 4 line-ins, you get 8 simultaneous inputs without ADAT connections. There are plenty of similar options for around--and under--that $900 price point: Focusrite Clarett+ 4PRe, Audient iD44, Motu 4Pre, etc. Not saying the Arturia is a bad unit, it looks pretty nice, but there are lots of choices if you just want a few more inputs.
Old 11-27-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
And just 4 mic preamps. Still two more than a Scarlett 2i2, but with those plus 4 line-ins, you get 8 simultaneous inputs without ADAT connections. There are plenty of similar options for around--and under--that $900 price point: Focusrite Clarett+ 4PRe, Audient iD44, Motu 4Pre, etc. Not saying the Arturia is a bad unit, it looks pretty nice, but there are lots of choices if you just want a few more inputs.
yes I think the salesman was pushing his product, I have like focusrite and probably will stay with a larger unit from them
Old 11-27-2021, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

I'll add one more thing, and this is purely a personal preference, but I tend to avoid products that fall outside a company's wheelhouse. Arturia is best known for keyboards and synths. I didn't even know they had an interface on the market until this thread showed up. Maybe the interface is fine and would work great but because I don't know that first hand my own preference would be to stick with one of the companies for whom interfaces IS their strength.

Again, that's not a knock on the Arturia interface, it's just a philosophy of gear shopping I've adopted over the years to avoid making unforced errors.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD