The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-14-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrfinger View Post

Hope you don't mind me leaving this here. This is a fairly stripped back version of Mason Williams original. I have recorded it on steel as well, but think the sound of nylon works best.
Don't mind at all. Very nice!
Old 11-16-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlechange View Post
Gtrfinger, I enjoyed listening to your recording of Classical Gas over this late autumn morning in the Mid-Atlantic region of U.S.A., with a cup of black tea. In the past you admitted you are 95% steel string player and I am surprised by your playing on this video. The guitar is not your girl friend's Ramirez you've used before, so is it your Kremona?
Robert A.
Blimey, you guys have good memories...I probably did say that I played steel 95%, some years ago... Maybe it's an age thing, I find myself more and more drawn to the classical. Since the Lockdown/Covid I reckon the pendulum has shifted more 80/20 to nylon strings, and yes you're right, my girlfriend's Ramirez has been in its case too long... I'm playing the Kremona/ Orpheus Valley Romida. Such an easy guitar to play. I'm quite touched by your reply Robert, thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical