The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-14-2021, 12:52 PM

Seems a bit over priced for what it is... I use the Cordoba Mini for travelling, which I am very happy with and is about 100 bucks less than this. But I do find the minicorda interesting and would like to give it a try! The nut width is smaller than a standard classical though yes?

Best Flamenco Guitar Costing Under 1000 ?! Juan Montes vs Navarro
https://youtu.be/7D08ZEY4-5s

Flamenco Arpeggio Falseta (lesson with TABS)
https://youtu.be/ZIZPllPFTTs

www.youtube.com/francisgrant1
Old 11-14-2021, 05:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
Seems a bit over priced for what it is... I use the Cordoba Mini for travelling, which I am very happy with and is about 100 bucks less than this. But I do find the minicorda interesting and would like to give it a try! The nut width is smaller than a standard classical though yes?
From their website (https://minicorda.com/):
Fingerboard width at Nut: 2.04 in / 5,2 cm.
Old 09-14-2022, 05:48 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread. Looks like the maker finished a new batch. Anyone have experience with these? I’m curious to know how it sounds unplugged as I would like it for just quiet practice and the portability
Old 07-15-2023, 11:10 AM

Default Minicorda Owner - anyone else having an issue w/ High E string?

Hi There.

I recently purchased a Minicorda and by and large I'm quite happy with it. Mostly purchased just to keep on top of my daily practice regimen while on the road. I have a small VOX amp that runs on two batteries and plugs into the guitar. Works beautifully and allows me to play along with backing tracks. Can also plug it into a tiny powered speaker (I use the OONTZ ... about $20) and that creates a VERY portable kit for travel.

Regarding the guitar, I've gotten used to the rather close fret spacing and the quirky allen wrench tuning mechanism. (I'm working on a hack for that ... more on that later...)

To my issue.

I find that the High E string is dramatically quieter than any of the other strings. Much quieter even then the B string. I can't help but think it's a problem with the Fishman piezo, but I'm not sure. Minicorda suggested I crank the treble. While that helps somewhat, it still doesn't fully address the issue and it also changes the tune of the entire instrument.

Anyway, sorry for the long-windedness, but I'm wondering if any owners have this same problem.

Thanks everyone.

Ken
Old 12-08-2023, 08:14 PM

Thinking of picking one of these up. I currently use a Traveler nylon, which I actually kind of adore, but am seduced by the even greater portability, with constant travel now due to family medical issues. My query is, has anyone compared it to a Lapstick (even though the Lapstick is steel string, though hand crafted)? The Lapstick is about $700 though, but I’m willing to treat myself. ��

Last edited by Steve M.; 12-08-2023 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-08-2023, 08:28 PM
Charter Member

I had one of these Travelers. It was an excellent guitar and sounded great. Even the neck was nice. The piezo pickup was great (and the only piezo I ever loved the sound of).

But without a body I found it unplayable. It flopped around and I couldnt hold on to it.

I imagine an even smaller guitar would be less playable.

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical