The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-09-2021, 02:31 PM

Today, I spent several hours with my Fishman Aura Spectrum auditioning tons of images. I downloaded all the composite guitars that they have online too and filled up the User area and recorded several of the parameters and played them all back and compared. I finally narrowed it down to one that made the Sable sound pleasing to my ears. Also have a Boss AD10 and spent some time with it and got close to what I could get with the Aura, but the Aura beats it out.

Question. While I'm happy with what I've done with the Aura Spectrum, have any of you used the ToneDexter with your carbon fiber guitar and what were the results? Also can anyone compare results of ToneDexter and Aura Spectrum on a carbon fiber guitar?
Old 01-10-2021, 09:15 AM

I purchased the LR Baggs Voiceprint about a month ago. I love it.
1983 Yairi DY85a
Composite Acoustics GX
Composite Acoustics Cargo
Emerald X-20 Opus Red
Emerald X-30 Padauk
Gibson ES-339
PRS SE Hollow Body II Piezo
Fender FSR Telecaster
Godin Exit 22 with Fishman TriplePlay MIDI
Ibanez Mikro Bass
Vintage V74 Icon Fretless Jazz Bass
Spector Timbre Jr. Acoustic Bass
Old 01-10-2021, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the info Bill. I have been doing a lot of reading today and for a hardware solution that will take IR the LR Baggs Voiceprint was one of the mentioned ones. I think I'm going to purchase an Acoustic IR Pack that was made with McPherson Camrielle and try it in Reaper first, using ReaVerb plugin for the IR wav files, to see how satisficed I would be compared to the result I got with the Fishman Aura Spectrum. If I'm more satisfied with this IR pack for the McPherson, then I will probably invest in a hardware solution down the road if I get to the point of playing in public again (solo fingerstyle). I just bought a Boss AD10 last week, unfortunately for me that was before I read up on IR, even though I was familiar with it for years as in convolution reverb. So now I need to sale the Boss I guess. I'll report back if I have success with the IR files in Reaper, and to what degree in comparison to the Aura.

Last edited by KennyEC; 01-10-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Syntax

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
carbon fiber, mcpherson sable