The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 11-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Guest 33123

Default sliders! show us your slides :)

Hi there sliders,

Show us a pic of your slides!

L-R:
Dunlop 222 brass slide - never use it
Double cut real bottleneck - origin unknown
Diamond Bottlenecks Original - longer version
DB Mike Dowling Signature
DB Original - shorter version
DB Ultimate in Ruby Prism

What are yours?
Old 11-10-2020, 03:59 AM

Seven from Diamond Bottlenecks - two Blue Diamond, one Redhouse and four Evolution I think. A Daddy Slide Phosphor Bronze in front and a Wolfram behind on the left, don't remember which, but not the one that costs a fortune. Plus coffee and a capo. Some days my favourite is the Daddy Slide, some days, today for example, it's the darker DB on the right.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:09 AM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe paul View Post

Seven from Diamond Bottlenecks - two Blue Diamond, one Redhouse and four Evolution I think. A Daddy Slide Phosphor Bronze in front and a Wolfram behind on the left, don't remember which, but not the one that costs a fortune. Plus coffee and a capo. Some days my favourite is the Daddy Slide, some days, today for example, it's the darker DB on the right.
Very cool!
Old 11-10-2020, 07:14 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Magnum bottleneck

I cut this one from a magnum champagne bottle with a wet saw

It's about 5/16" thick in some spots. It's got the perfect bottle glass texture with tons of mass to control the fundamental tones from the heavy string sets I use on my electrics and acoustics.

Plus, it is concave, so I can catch all six strings with no added pressure on the center strings. I put a small piece of felt inside for grip.

Regards,
Howard Emerson
Old 11-10-2020, 08:17 AM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
I cut this one from a magnum champagne bottle with a wet saw

It's about 5/16" thick in some spots. It's got the perfect bottle glass texture with tons of mass to control the fundamental tones from the heavy string sets I use on my electrics and acoustics.

Plus, it is concave, so I can catch all six strings with no added pressure on the center strings. I put a small piece of felt inside for grip.

Regards,
Howard Emerson
Also very cool!
Old 11-10-2020, 09:12 AM

My mistake, I got mine wrong.
Diamond 'evolution' slides are one side glass, one side steel, and mine are definitely not, they are the lead crystal glass 'ultimate' type.
Hey, at least I worked out how to post a photo!
Old 11-10-2020, 09:36 AM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe paul View Post
My mistake, I got mine wrong.
Diamond 'evolution' slides are one side glass, one side steel, and mine are definitely not, they are the lead crystal glass 'ultimate' type.
Hey, at least I worked out how to post a photo!
Still cool Joe! My Ultimate seems to the winner for me right now. I prefer the double cuts and the Ultimate is a little heavier than the others.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:32 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Okay, I'll play. Here's what I could find around home. My stuff is spread between home and the studio.

In the circle, left to right:
a brass pipe cut and smoothed for me by my son
a steel/chrome thin wall slide
a Mighty Mite thick wall brass
a small Corricidin bottle
a large Corricidin bottle
Dunlop thick wall pyrex

Down front:
Shubb-Pearce SP3 Sally Van Meter ergo bar

The four in the middle of the circle are from the 1970s. I came by the Corricidin bottles honestly during a sinus infection while at college. They've done more live gigs than I can count and don't seem to want to break. My current favorite bottleneck is the Dunlop thick wall pyrex. Sausage fingers.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 11-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Okay, I'll play. Here's what I could find around home. My stuff is spread between home and the studio.

In the circle, left to right:
a brass pipe cut and smoothed for me by my son
a steel/chrome thin wall slide
a Mighty Mite thick wall brass
a small Corricidin bottle
a large Corricidin bottle
Dunlop thick wall pyrex

Down front:
Shubb-Pearce SP3 Sally Van Meter ergo bar

The four in the middle of the circle are from the 1970s. I came by the Corricidin bottles honestly during a sinus infection while at college. They've done more live gigs than I can count and don't seem to want to break. My current favorite bottleneck is the Dunlop thick wall pyrex. Sausage fingers.

Bob
Awesome Bob!
Old 11-10-2020, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Here's my offering.

Old 11-10-2020, 01:10 PM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Here's my offering.

Great stuff Andy!
Old 11-10-2020, 04:36 PM

When I used to build custom laps I had these available from my website. 1" solid pyrex with ebony handle, standard Dunlop slide with wood handle added, and 1" diameter solid stainless steel with ebony handle.

Old 11-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
When I used to build custom laps I had these available from my website. 1" solid pyrex with ebony handle, standard Dunlop slide with wood handle added, and 1" diameter solid stainless steel with ebony handle.

Wow nice!!!
Old 11-11-2020, 04:11 PM

For glass I have a nice Diamond Bottlenecks blue bottleneck. I also have weird one made out of Fiber-Optic glass, which kind of looks like a blue Cat's eye gem. Pretty, but a little loose, and a little light.

For Metal I use a Latch Lake Acoustaglide. For Lap playing I use a bullet style as I play primarily Hawaiian and Blues, and use an old Broz-o-phonic. Those may be discontinued, because... You know... Closest thing I could find new was the "Latch Lake Bar"

Old 11-11-2020, 08:24 PM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
For glass I have a nice Diamond Bottlenecks blue bottleneck. I also have weird one made out of Fiber-Optic glass, which kind of looks like a blue Cat's eye gem. Pretty, but a little loose, and a little light.

For Metal I use a Latch Lake Acoustaglide. For Lap playing I use a bullet style as I play primarily Hawaiian and Blues, and use an old Broz-o-phonic. Those may be discontinued, because... You know... Closest thing I could find new was the "Latch Lake Bar"

Awesome blue!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments