The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-08-2019, 07:19 AM

".............

Last edited by JakeStone; 06-08-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:33 PM

But seriously has anyone found a case that remotely works for this pedal? I have spent hours looking online, even emailed the company and didnt say they had anything... any suggestions would be awesome.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:50 AM

I just use a laptop case. Works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendoggy View Post
But seriously has anyone found a case that remotely works for this pedal? I have spent hours looking online, even emailed the company and didnt say they had anything... any suggestions would be awesome.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I posted a link to one before. It came with a simple pedal board frame that I gave away. The case fits perfectly.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:25 PM

hmmmm.. just went through this whole thread and don't see a link to anything.

But a LAPTOP case! interesting idea... maybe i'll look there next.

:-)
Old 06-10-2019, 07:55 AM

It works good. Plus I have some extra room for other cords and also my ipad.
Just make sure you get one that's the right width. Height doesn't matter much...they will all
be high enough.

Quote:
hmmmm.. just went through this whole thread and don't see a link to anything.

But a LAPTOP case! interesting idea... maybe i'll look there next.

:-)
Old 06-10-2019, 03:21 PM

Thanks to this thread and JackB1's friendly assistance. I just ordering a Soulmate Acoustic. Found a used one at a great price. Should be here in a few days.

I've been through a few acoustic pedals in the past year... Including TC Helicon, Boss, Baggs, Fishman. They all are excellent. But none of them "did it all" for me.... So hopefully, this will work well for my needs.

Thought I'd post photos to view ...
While I am waiting for the UPS truck.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:18 AM

From speaking with you privately, I think the Soulmate will fill your needs quite well. It's gotta be one of the best "guitar-only" multi effects pedals (with no hidden menus) out there. Let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Thanks to this thread and JackB1's friendly assistance. I just ordering a Soulmate Acoustic. Found a used one at a great price. Should be here in a few days.

I've been through a few acoustic pedals in the past year... Including TC Helicon, Boss, Baggs, Fishman. They all are excellent. But none of them "did it all" for me.... So hopefully, this will work well for my needs.

Thought I'd post photos to view ...
While I am waiting for the UPS truck.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
From speaking with you privately, I think the Soulmate will fill your needs quite well. It's gotta be one of the best "guitar-only" multi effects pedals (with no hidden menus) out there. Let us know how it goes.
It certainly is a fantastic unit ... Very pleased so far.

The Soulmate for me, takes the place of several pedals I was "stringing" together. Which cluttered up the "stage area".

The unit is built like a tank. Very nice quality connectors, knobs, switches.

Effects all work great and sound fantastic. They are very "Interactive" with each other. Will take some time to work to get them dialed in.

The tuner is an A+ as others have mentioned.

The only "nit pick" so far is the Looper. Although, I do like the 2 buttons... they are not in a perfect placement to "find" while playing live. Plus the looper recordings are "boosted" a bit louder than the original sound. I may just use my trusty Boss RC-3..

Here's a photo to give others an idea of size... It's not that large for everything it packs in.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
The outer ring chooses the frequency and the inside knob boosts or cuts it.
I don't understand how you are adding bass with just the outer ring?
Meant setting the freq.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:46 PM

Both your issues can be fixed.

Get "button toppers" for the looper switches. Makes them higher and easier
to press.
https://www.amazon.com/Footswitch-to.../dp/B06XB7DTHS

For looping...just turn down your guitar's volume (the knob on the guitar) down a bit before looping or....set your boost lower than your normal playing volume and turn on the boost before you start looping. I didn't notice much difference in the loop's volume...I actually thought it was lower, so go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
It certainly is a fantastic unit ... Very pleased so far.

The Soulmate for me, takes the place of several pedals I was "stringing" together. Which cluttered up the "stage area".

The unit is built like a tank. Very nice quality connectors, knobs, switches.

Effects all work great and sound fantastic. They are very "Interactive" with each other. Will take some time to work to get them dialed in.

The tuner is an A+ as others have mentioned.

The only "nit pick" so far is the Looper. Although, I do like the 2 buttons... they are not in a perfect placement to "find" while playing live. Plus the looper recordings are "boosted" a bit louder than the original sound. I may just use my trusty Boss RC-3..

Here's a photo to give others an idea of size... It's not that large for everything it packs in.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:19 AM

I’ve been interested in one of these since first seeing it. I like the simplicity, the layout, the effects and the interface. I’m on the fence though because I have a nice acoustic pedalboard that I use. My pedalboard is set up in stereo and includes a Neunaber Reverb, Neunaber Chorus, Session DI, Flashback delay, Polytuner, Ditto looper, Freeze pedal. Would I be taking a step back with the Soulmate Acoustic? I tried the original Soulmate with my electric and I didn’t bond with it, although it’s altogether different.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:10 PM

OneThing: You may be taking a step back but it won’t be a big one. I think my Neunaber Wet reverb sounds better and I think I prefer the eq of my Fishman Platinum Pro (the Soulmate doesn’t color the sound though); the looper works just as well as my Ditto X2 but I miss the volume control knob of the Ditto. The tuner is just as good as my Polytune. I’m a simple delay user so it’s just as good as my Flashback delay pedal (the tap tempo on the Soulmate is better). The boost is great and doesn’t color the sound at all. Never used compression but I do now. I don’t use chorus so can’t comment there.

I LOVE the convenience of the Soulmate but as with any multi-effects pedal, you’ll have to make some concessions so it depends on what your priority is with your sound.

That noted, I get a lot of compliments on my guitar sound with the Soulmate Acoustic and I am very pleased with it—-and it’s built like a tank!
Buscarino Starlight nylon, Martin 000C-RGTE, Godin nylon duet ambiance, Breedlove Bossa Nova, cedar/EIR, Breedlove SC-20, cedar/walnut, Ovation Nylon LX1773, CA Cargo, CA GX, Larrivee 00-03, sitka/hog

Last edited by Kalani; 06-17-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:13 PM

OneThing, your pedalboard sounds great, I'd stick with that! Sounds like a bad case of GAS Unless you were really wanting to downsize a little.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:29 PM

That’s food for thought. Thanks for the feedback.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification