The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 07:45 PM
Tommy CanAm

Default Meet your AGF Moderators

See also: Interested in becoming an AGF moderator? thread.

The AGF maintains a team of dedicated, volunteer moderators to enhance the vision of our founder, J.R. Rogers, who created an informative, respectful and family-friendly community of guitar-loving musicians. We want to thank all those past mods who selflessly gave their time and expertise to help build this forum into a wonderful online fraternity.

We'd like forum membership to get to know our current moderator team. We want members to feel comfortable reaching out to any of us for assistance. We're all listed and linked at the bottom right of every subforum's main page.

Wood: '02 Taylor 814c | '18 Taylor 214ceDLX | '18 Taylor 150e-12 | '79 Ibanez Dread (First acoustic, Martin D-18 Replica) | '02 Fender Strat-American '57 RI (Replaced original 58)
Composite: '18 Emerald X20 Custom | '08 Composite Acoustics Cargo RT

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-04-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:46 PM
Tommy CanAm

I’ve been playing electric and acoustic guitar since 1976. I found this wonderful forum back in November 2002 soon after having bought a new Taylor 814c which I still enjoy as my main acoustic. I’m a lover of numerous genres of music, but as a musician, I’m a bare fingerpicker/strummer playing and singing mostly classic folk rock and some blues, and originals. Since my beginnings here, I’ve participated pretty-much daily, always enjoying learning and interacting with the membership.

I became a volunteer moderator in December 2017 with an interest to pay it forward for all the knowledge and camaraderie this forum has provided me over the years. Never having performed such a role previously, I’ve found it to be a great and challenging learning experience from various perspectives including as a means to keep this aging mind sharp. The mods are a super group of people who I enjoy working alongside in performing a range of backstage activities.

I’ve been happily married for almost 39 years with two married sons and a couple of great grandkids, am retired after a professional career, and my wife and I enjoy splitting our time between Ontario, Canada and SW Florida.

Wood: '02 Taylor 814c | '18 Taylor 214ceDLX | '18 Taylor 150e-12 | '79 Ibanez Dread (First acoustic, Martin D-18 Replica) | '02 Fender Strat-American '57 RI (Replaced original 58)
Composite: '18 Emerald X20 Custom | '08 Composite Acoustics Cargo RT
Old 11-25-2019, 07:48 PM

A friend introduced me to the AGF about a decade ago and I’ve enjoyed it ever since. I’ve been playing guitar for 49 years and I also play drums, piano, recorders and hammered dulcimer. I’ve loved music all my life; I’m a fan of blues, jazz, classical, rock and folk. I performed a lot when I was young, but now I enjoy playing by myself or just with a small group of friends.

I started moderating in August 2016 after becoming good friends with one of our longtime mods. It’s a great group of folks; we have a lot of fun together.

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-05-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:59 PM
AGF Administrator

I'm the guy JR slaps around when things don't work right around here. Husband, father, tech geek. Otherwise, I play guitar (duh), read and write books (and sometimes music), and have a weakness for Taco Bell. I've been through more guitars than I can count.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:46 AM

Hello, I found the AGF while searching for information on a custom builder in 2014. I learned a lot and have never left. I was asked to join the moderating team in May of 2017. The AGF mod team are a bunch of varied individuals, but all very accomplished in their own way. We work well as a team and try to have fun while doing it. We all tend to gravitate to different tasks and put in the time as our outside life allows and in the end seem to keep the forum a nice place to be.

I have been playing guitar since I was 16 to meet girls, that did not really happen, but I kept playing anyway. Played in a band like most of us did for 9 years working mostly weekends to help get through college (yes I was in school a long time). We were busy and played every weekend.

Now, I just love everything about guitars and the AGF has helped me so much in that pursuit. I am focused on individually built guitars as showcased in our custom section. As mentioned above Srick and I met at Woodstock with it's amazing display of custom guitars. Guitars have become such a force in my life that my wife and I have hosted a mini guitar show at our home last year and doing so again this year. Getting to know a few of the luthiers that are AGF members has been a great thing in my life. We also met so many AGF members last year, that it makes moderating even more fun as I know many of the folks I am talking with. This is what the AGF can do beyond the threads and posts, form friendships.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:27 AM

I don't specifically remember when I found the AGF but I know that it quickly became my favorite place on the internet.
I have been playing guitar for almost 50 years. Before I had a guitar I remember playing a badminton racket while listening to my older siblings record collection. I don't think "air guitar" had been invented yet.
I still play guitar and harp guitar everyday. My "day" job is less demanding now as I am beginning to see the real possibility of retirement in a couple of years.
I knew there must be a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make this place work so I am happy to help out.
Now that I have taken a glimpse at what goes on behind the curtain I can safely say that every member should be thankful for the job that the moderator "volunteers" have been doing.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:26 PM

Default LKristians

I started playing guitar the same day I quit the accordion: When I heard the Beatles. I've been playing guitar since and am self taught for the most part... until some of these great YouTube tutorials started. I joined the AGF way back in 2001, about the same time I bought my first Taylor. I find the members incredibly kind, well informed and witty as all get out! I have always appreciated the moderators and hope to give back some of what I've gained here.
Early member #180
"Like shoveling smoke with a pitchfork in the wind."
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic